Posted to rec.woodworking
hylourgos

Default Anyone know how to get lower postage rate from Canada to the US?

I'd like to order a small part inexpensive part ($6 for the part, which
could easily fit into a letter envelope and weighs no more than two
sheets of paper) for a stationary belt sander from Mastercraft, a
Canadian company, but they want to charge $16 to ship it to TN in the
US. Has anyone else encountered this problem and been able to find a
more reasonable cost to post?

Thanks,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

The hylourgos entity posted thusly:

I'd like to order a small part inexpensive part ($6 for the part, which
could easily fit into a letter envelope and weighs no more than two
sheets of paper) for a stationary belt sander from Mastercraft, a
Canadian company, but they want to charge $16 to ship it to TN in the
US. Has anyone else encountered this problem and been able to find a
more reasonable cost to post?

Well, let's see.. Mastercraft is a house brand of Canadian Tire. If
it's a part that's available from a Canadian Tire retail outlet, I'm
sure some nice Canuck would be glad to help. If it's available only
from Mastercraft itself, the same applies, but the cost might be
higher than in the first scenario.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

hylourgos wrote:
I'd like to order a small part inexpensive part ($6 for the part, which
could easily fit into a letter envelope and weighs no more than two
sheets of paper) for a stationary belt sander from Mastercraft, a
Canadian company, but they want to charge $16 to ship it to TN in the
US. Has anyone else encountered this problem and been able to find a
more reasonable cost to post?

Now you know what us Canucks face when ordering from the US. Either
it's crazy shipping costs, or even worse, "Sorry, we don't sell to
Canada." (@!#$# Grizzly....)

I've got a Canadian Tire in town. If the part is available at there, I
could pick it up and send it.

Chris