Posted to rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler

Default 1940's Unisaw and Biesemeyer

I have a 1940s Unisaw and I need a new fence for it. I figured as long as I
need a new fence for it I might as well get a B'myer. I would like the best
50" with extension table that I can get. I also need a mobile base for the
saw. What model numbers do I need or should I get?

Thanks

pierce
Posted to rec.woodworking
sadler

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 05:33:56 GMT, "R. Pierce Butler"
wrote:

I have a 1940s Unisaw and I need a new fence for it. I figured as long as I
need a new fence for it I might as well get a B'myer. I would like the best
50" with extension table that I can get. I also need a mobile base for the
saw. What model numbers do I need or should I get?

Thanks

pierce

I don't know the model #'s but use the commercial 50" beismeier and
the HTC base for the saw w/ extension.

I did the same for my very early Unisaw. It was great!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 1940s Unisaw and I need a new fence for it. I figured as long as
need a new fence for it I might as well get a B'myer. I would like the
best
50" with extension table that I can get. I also need a mobile base for
the
saw. What model numbers do I need or should I get?

There are many good brands out there now and the Bies is at the top also.
IIRC it comes in the commercial and home version. The commercial version is
beefier and bigger. The commercial would be the better choice. I prefer
the 3 wheel mobile bases as they can always set on their wheels and they
never rock. Roll it out and start cutting. No leveling. I have been
delighted with the 3 wheel HTC/Jet model setting under my Jet 50" cap.
cabinet saw. Additionally, I never lock the wheels either.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus

wrote:

I have a 1940s Unisaw and I need a new fence for it. I figured as long as I
need a new fence for it I might as well get a B'myer. I would like the best
50" with extension table that I can get. I also need a mobile base for the
saw. What model numbers do I need or should I get?

Delta lists the 50" Beismeyer as model no. BC50.

As to the table, you'd have to contact them to see if there is one
offered. Most I've seen are shop-made.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

wrote:

I have a 1940s Unisaw and I need a new fence for it. I figured as long as I
need a new fence for it I might as well get a B'myer. I would like the best
50" with extension table that I can get. I also need a mobile base for the
saw. What model numbers do I need or should I get?

Thanks

pierce

Call (800-782-1831) Nita Miller at Biesemeyer, a very nice lady, who
will tell you exactly what you need. You can check the Web site to
see if they have any blems or returns if they are still doing that
post B & D ownership.

Frank