Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default 1940's Unisaw and Biesemeyer

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 1940s Unisaw and I need a new fence for it. I figured as long as
need a new fence for it I might as well get a B'myer. I would like the
best
50" with extension table that I can get. I also need a mobile base for
the
saw. What model numbers do I need or should I get?

There are many good brands out there now and the Bies is at the top also.
IIRC it comes in the commercial and home version. The commercial version is
beefier and bigger. The commercial would be the better choice. I prefer
the 3 wheel mobile bases as they can always set on their wheels and they
never rock. Roll it out and start cutting. No leveling. I have been
delighted with the 3 wheel HTC/Jet model setting under my Jet 50" cap.
cabinet saw. Additionally, I never lock the wheels either.