Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

Default Quick grip bar clamp pads

Anyone know where I can buy those rubber pads for the quick grip bar
clamps? I've got about a dozen of those things and over time I've
lost or destroyed about 30 percent of the pads.

Frank
Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Anyone know where I can buy those rubber pads for the quick grip bar
clamps? I've got about a dozen of those things and over time I've
lost or destroyed about 30 percent of the pads.

Frank

Irwin's replacement parts order page?

http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/...entParts.jhtml

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Anyone know where I can buy those rubber pads for the quick grip bar
clamps? I've got about a dozen of those things and over time I've
lost or destroyed about 30 percent of the pads.

Frank

I don't use the irwins, but what I do for pads is cut out and glue on
bits of leather.

works for me...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy

Coming out of the woodwork for a quick posting, then back into lurk mode.....

I have quite a few of the Penn State bar clamps, and have had no failures so far, but I'm just a
hobbyist so they don't see daily use.

I have a pair of their deep throat clamps also, but find I do not use them as much as I thought I
would. Probably need to glue up more table tops.

My personal clamp surprise came a couple years ago when they were selling their 12 inch bar clamps
for something like $1.50-2.00 each on one of their email specials. I bought 4 of them on a whim.
After I'd had them about a week, I ordered another dozen, plus a half dozen of the little 6 inch
clamps. I hardly ever reach for a spring clamp any more. I own only one small "quick clamp" so
these little bar clamps are my first choice for small clamping jobs.

Put the clamp pads on from the opposite side of the jaws, and they don't seem to come loose so
often. When in doubt, a shot of silicone bath tub sealant holds the original pads on. When all
else fails, I go to the heavy felt pads, mainly because I have a bunch sitting around since we've
replaced most of the carpet with Pergo in the house. Never tried leather, but it seems like a good
idea.

Regards,
Roy

On 20 May 2006 13:56:11 -0700, "Jay Pique" wrote:

wrote:
Frank Boettcher wrote:
Anyone know where I can buy those rubber pads for the quick grip bar
clamps? I've got about a dozen of those things and over time I've
lost or destroyed about 30 percent of the pads.

Frank

I don't use the irwins, but what I do for pads is cut out and glue on
bits of leather.

I've been using Penn State Industries clamps, but a handle on a
quick-gramp as well as one on a heavy-duty deep-reach bar clamp broke
recently. I may switch over to Jorgy's only. As I and others before
me have said, buy the best and only cry once.

Oh yeah - I too use bits of leather, innertube, etc.

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking
hylourgos

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Anyone know where I can buy those rubber pads for the quick grip bar
clamps? I've got about a dozen of those things and over time I've
lost or destroyed about 30 percent of the pads.

Frank

Glue from a hot glue gun works for me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

A slice of wine cork works too, attach with contact cement or hot glue.
Just the right size for Jorgensen style bar clamps.