Posted to rec.woodworking
Cap'n 321

Default TS guard

I have a new Delta 36-715 and the only thing I'm not entirely pleased
with is the guard. I've taken a quick look online for a overhead guard.
The Delta is $279 and third-party guards are close to $400. I think I
could craft a suitable stand and arm for one if I could find the guard
parts. Any suggestions? TIA.

Cap'n 321
Posted to rec.woodworking
A.M. Wood

Keep your eye on Ebay. They show up from time to time.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Art Greenberg

On Thu, 11 May 2006 23:50:17 GMT, Cap'n 321 wrote:
I have a new Delta 36-715 and the only thing I'm not entirely pleased
with is the guard. I've taken a quick look online for a overhead guard.
The Delta is $279 and third-party guards are close to $400. I think I
could craft a suitable stand and arm for one if I could find the guard
parts. Any suggestions? TIA.

Cap'n 321

Contact Lee Styron, maker of the Shark Guard. He may have one that fits your
saw. http://www.leestyron.com

--
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson

wrote:

I have a new Delta 36-715 and the only thing I'm not entirely pleased
with is the guard. I've taken a quick look online for a overhead guard.
The Delta is $279 and third-party guards are close to $400. I think I
could craft a suitable stand and arm for one if I could find the guard
parts. Any suggestions? TIA.

I built something similar to this (although mine has been through a
couple of evolutions since). It's really not that hard to do.

http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticle...rm_guard.shtml
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Brian Henderson wrote:
I built something similar to this (although mine has been through a
couple of evolutions since). It's really not that hard to do.

http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticle...rm_guard.shtml

Well, I'm impressed. I bought mine from Penn State and it's pretty good but
there's no arguing with the price for yours. Your workmanship appears
excellent.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson

On Fri, 12 May 2006 20:33:36 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:

Brian Henderson wrote:
I built something similar to this (although mine has been through a
couple of evolutions since). It's really not that hard to do.

http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticle...rm_guard.shtml

Well, I'm impressed. I bought mine from Penn State and it's pretty good but
there's no arguing with the price for yours. Your workmanship appears
excellent.

Heh, that's not mine, but thanks. Mine looks similar but it's larger
(so that I can use it while using a dado stack, for example).