Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce T

Default Negative Gloat (if there is such a thing)

So I see this ad in Craigslist for a 12" Table Saw for $125. Craftsman, it
says. Older model it says. Only about 30 minutes away. So I say I'd like
to see it if it's still available. About 8 hours later, a reply with a
phone number and a note "It's still available". So I call. The guy who
answers sounds like he's in his twentys or thirtys. Doesn't seem to know a
lot about the saw. "It came from a machine shop or something." "Yes, it's
available." "Yes, it runs." "I'm moving."

So off I go. Thirty minutes later I'm looking at an old 12" Craftsman band
saw. The guy calls it a table saw. Sometimes he calls it a bandsaw. The
words seem interchangable to him. I politely decline, and return to my car,
secure in the knowledge that....If it seems too good to be true, it probably
is.

BruceT