Posted to uk.d-i-y
simon beer

Default negative head shower pump

Hi all, can you use a negative head shower pump on a system that doesn't
actually require a negative head pump. I want to get a pump for 2 bathrooms
so was looking at the Stuart turner 3 bar monsoon range, seen a couple of
N/head ones on Ebay going reasonable. I would assume that they could be used
on a positive head system as even in a negative system there may be outlets
on the positive side. many thanks for any help
--

take off your trousers to e-mail me

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:20:32 +0100, simon beer wrote:

Hi all, can you use a negative head shower pump on a system that doesn't
actually require a negative head pump. I want to get a pump for 2 bathrooms
so was looking at the Stuart turner 3 bar monsoon range, seen a couple of
N/head ones on Ebay going reasonable. I would assume that they could be used
on a positive head system as even in a negative system there may be outlets
on the positive side. many thanks for any help

Sure there is no reason why not to use -ve head. Usually the
(substantial) extra cost is the deciding factor against their use.

Note that with a -ve head pump the plumbing will be a few bar
static pressure all the while. Note that any taps/showers that drip will
cause the pump to fire from time to time to keep the pressure up.

negative head pump simon beer UK diy 9 February 16th 06 02:51 PM
Which twin shower pump? Don UK diy 6 December 31st 05 11:59 AM
Fitting a shower pump Reckless UK diy 5 March 19th 05 05:33 PM
Shower Pump Martin UK diy 2 January 26th 04 11:23 PM
Swimming Pool Pump Tom Bahama Home Repair 11 September 6th 03 09:35 AM