Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

Default Delta 17-925 $399 Columbus OH

On Wed, 03 May 2006 02:07:55 GMT, Larry Kraus
wrote:

I found that The Andersons General Store in Columbus (Brice Rd) has
this floor model 16 1/2" variable speed drill press available for a
very good price and thought I would pass it along in case another
woodworker would be interested. List price is ~$1100, seems to be
generally available on the Internet at $770 to $880. The salesman
said they are factory refurbished models, though there was no such
indication on the display or on the unit I purchased. Two year factory
warranty. I'd like to tell you how well it works, but I haven't yet
been able to lift it out of my van...

Yes, you will need helping horsing that around. Mine was new, in two
boxes, and I had to get the neighbor to help getting the head up onto
the column. Once it's standing, you can tip and roll the thing around
(being ever so mindful of the center of gravity) to anyplace you want
it.

That's a screaming deal. I paid around $700 for mine three years ago,
and I stole that one, I thought.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.