Posted to rec.woodworking
wilbur

Default Rikon 25-010 jointer/planer

Has anyone used one of these? It's a combination jointer/planer with a
10" width. I've only been able to find it online, so I was hoping
someone could pass along any hands on experience they might have had.

Posted to rec.woodworking
cm

I am very interested in one also.

cm

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

"wilbur" wrote in message
Has anyone used one of these? It's a combination jointer/planer with a 10"
width. I've only been able to find it online, so I was hoping someone
could pass along any hands on experience they might have had.

Posted to rec.woodworking
cm

Wilbur,

Here is the response I recieved from Rikon:
Hello Craig, thank you for your interest in RIKON Power Tools!

The 25-010 can be ordered through your local Woodcraft retailer in Chandler. The retail price is $599.00. Please click here for more store information.

Sincerely,

Rod Burrow Jr.

Tech Support/Customer Service

RIKON Power Tools

400 W. Cummings Park, Ste. 1000

Woburn, MA. 01801

877-884-5167

I have also emailed them to see if their are other owners in my area. I will report back on what I find.

Craig

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
wilbur

Hi Craig,

I got a similar response, but the "local" Woodcraft (Allentown, PA, 70
minutes away from here) doesn't have one in stock, and I'm a bit
nervous about ordering one sight unseen.

Wilbur

Posted to rec.woodworking
cm

I agree, I would like to see one first although I hear Woodcraft has a
pretty good return policy. I did email Rikon to see if anyone in my area has
one I could check out and have not heard back from them.

I will post an update if and when I find out more.

Craig

"wilbur" wrote in message
Hi Craig,

I got a similar response, but the "local" Woodcraft (Allentown, PA, 70
minutes away from here) doesn't have one in stock, and I'm a bit nervous
about ordering one sight unseen.

Wilbur

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"wilbur" wrote in message
Hi Craig,

I got a similar response, but the "local" Woodcraft (Allentown, PA, 70
minutes away from here) doesn't have one in stock, and I'm a bit nervous
about ordering one sight unseen.

Wilbur

I bought my Rikon 18" band saw sight unseen from Woodcraft and returned it 2
weeks later after I received it. They take products back for 1 year. You
should probably clarify before ordering as there may be a restock charge on
non stock items.

Posted to rec.woodworking
cm

Wilbur,

I went over to my local Woodcraft store and talked to the manager. He said
he would let me put one on layaway. He also said if I didn't like it I could
return it. I am going to scratch together a few hundred doloors over the
next few weeks and make my down payment. It will take me a few months to pay
it off but I will let you know when I get it and put it through it's paces.

Craig

"wilbur" wrote in message
Has anyone used one of these? It's a combination jointer/planer with a 10"
width. I've only been able to find it online, so I was hoping someone
could pass along any hands on experience they might have had.

Band saw Recomendations? And Goodbye to the Rikon Leon Woodworking 27 March 5th 06 06:40 PM
My review of the Rikon 18" Bandsaw bf Woodworking 0 February 15th 06 03:10 AM
Rikon BS on sale Mortimer Schnerd, RN Woodworking 5 January 21st 05 12:42 PM
Rikon Tools Tim Schubach Woodworking 1 February 18th 04 10:00 PM
Rikon Jointer/Planer Carl McCarty Woodworking 3 January 4th 04 06:36 PM