Carl McCarty

Default Rikon Jointer/Planer

Does anyone have any knowledge of this tool? A 10" jointer would be nice
to have.
At less than $600, it seems too good to be true.

Harvey Levin

Never seen this particular beast, but if it's the same manufacturer that WW
was selling (I remember seeing a 14" bandsaw in their store), then it's
probably a decent piece of equipment. One thing to note: though it may be
10" wide, it certainly doesn't look like it has a very long table, which'll
make it tough to joint anything of substantial length.

While we're on the subject, anyone ever heard of an 8" WoodTek jointer? I
can't find anything about them anywhere.

TIA

"Carl McCarty" wrote in message
Does anyone have any knowledge of this tool? A 10" jointer would be nice
to have.
At less than $600, it seems too good to be true.

Bridger

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 08:34:07 -0500, Carl McCarty
wrote:

Does anyone have any knowledge of this tool? A 10" jointer would be nice
to have.
At less than $600, it seems too good to be true.

it looks like a taiwanese machine for the european market.
too much aluminum for my taste.
Bridger
Bridger

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:12:48 -0500, "Harvey Levin"
wrote:

While we're on the subject, anyone ever heard of an 8" WoodTek jointer? I
can't find anything about them anywhere.

TIA

try he
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...ARTNUM=907-064