Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV

Default chamfer my TS wings

While building a cabinet I had to cut some dados using my TS. I taped
up the area to be cut with blue tape to prevent chipout on the plywood.
Where I had problems was the wings on my contractor saw are not
chamfered at the leading edge the way the main part of the table is.
This sharp edge caught the tape and pulled it away, balled it up, etc.
So I had to tape a dado, make the cut, remove the tape, tape the next,
make the cut, and so on... This sharp edge does cause some resistance
when cutting large pieces even without tape.

Should I file/grind a slight chamfer on the infeed side of my wings?

PS I have a router jig to make dados similar to this:
http://www.benchnotes.com/Router%20D...dado_guide.htm
I just didn't make it big enough for a 2' wide panel. I will be making
a bigger one for the dresser I plan on building next.

FS: Jet 10" Contractors Table Saw, with mobile base & CI wings Darrell Woodworking 1 February 2nd 05 11:58 PM
Steel Table Saw Wings Replaced w/Exact Fit Cast Iron Wings Joe Woody Woodpecker Woodworking 0 October 29th 04 09:44 PM
Chamfer help Dennis Woodworking 17 October 27th 04 02:18 AM
Routing a 3/4" Chamfer in a 1 1/2" stock Jerry Korea Woodworking 15 October 19th 04 05:21 PM