Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Don

Default A Woodburning Stove

Hi all,
I've recently moved to a northern state, after 40 years in soutwest Florida,
and I'm going to build a brand new workshop from scratch, about 24' x 36'.
I'm drawing it up in AutoCAD right now and I'm presently considering the
location of a woodburning stove in the shop to keep it warm and as a means
of disposing of cut-off material.

A 24'x36' shop is not the biggest shop in the world and it seems you tend to
grow into the space you're allocated so I'm trying to figure out the things
that might effect the location of the stove.

The shop will also be airconditioned, it will also have a trussed roof with
a 6/12 pitch, 2x6 walls 10' high, with 1/2" plywood & vinyl lap siding
exterior, R19 and 1/2" plywood interior walls, drywall ceiling with R30, a
16'x8' overhead door, 1 or 2 3' service doors, several windows.

Should the stove be located toward the middle of the space to provide an
evenness to the heat distribution or should it be located close to an
exterior wall to facilitate a chimney pipe that is not 2 miles long?

Decisions, decisions.....LOL

Any suggestions are 'preciated.