Posted to rec.woodworking
bremen68

Default A Woodburning Stove

First allow me to say YOU SUCK. And I say that in only the purest
feelings of jealousy.

I have a small wood/coal stove in the middle of a side wall of my shop,
it's a little pot bellied number that stands about three feet tall. I
set a fan behind it to move the air a bit and it heats the shop up
nicely.

My air conditioning system is a three stage....I can open 1, 2, or 3
windows. ;-)

You'll probably get a variety of answers, but the best place IMHO would
be a corner. That placement will limit the amount of "dead space" that
you'll have around it. Putting in the middle of an end wall pretty
much chews that straight area up into two smaller pieces that require
gaps on either side.

You'll have a longer chimney run outside but the benefit probably
offsets that.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Good luck.