Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Woodburning Stove

Don wrote:
Hi all,
I've recently moved to a northern state, after 40 years in soutwest Florida,

Snip

Any suggestions are 'preciated.

I just moved *back* to where people talk normal, and the dictate of my
stove was a pre-existing hole from a wall-mount gas furnace. The stove
was in the back corner of the shop, but with the insulation you've got,
you can turn that shop into a sauna. In order to help move the warm
air around in my shop, I just used a fan I had and put it behind/below
the stove and turned it on.

There are fire issues with stoves, and care is obviously needed, but I
loved my wood stove, so much that I brought it back with me to
Louisiana. Why, you might ask? The cabinet saw, jointer and bandsaw
were the only other really heavy things I had, and I just wanted to
make sure I felt like I had done some real work. After moving that
joker around, I did.

Good luck, and wear layers

-Phil Crow