Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
aadeanb

Default 8.5" Hitachi sliding miter saw: can it really cut a 1" by 12"?

I'm considering buying Hitachi's 8.5" SCM saw... most who have one seem
to be happy with it. Literature seems to claim that a 1x12 lying flat
and cut at 0 degrees (or 90, depending on your point of view) can be
done without flipping the board over ... can anyone verify that?
One of the jobs I have in mind is a good bit of basic shelf building
using alot of 1x12's and smaller stuff.

I'll probably buy one anyway, but I'd like to know what to expect.