Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default 8.5" Hitachi sliding miter saw: can it really cut a 1" by 12"?

"aadeanb" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm considering buying Hitachi's 8.5" SCM saw... most who have one seem
to be happy with it. Literature seems to claim that a 1x12 lying flat
and cut at 0 degrees (or 90, depending on your point of view) can be
done without flipping the board over ... can anyone verify that?
One of the jobs I have in mind is a good bit of basic shelf building
using alot of 1x12's and smaller stuff.

I'll probably buy one anyway, but I'd like to know what to expect.

Umm If it says that it will cut a 1x12 I strongly suspect that it will. I
wonder if it really has a 8.5" blade.

Basically, if it will not cut a 1x12, take it back.