Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

Default Scott Phillips/pockethole machine

I saw one time on Scotts show where he used a small pockethole machine. It
looked like a small device with a handle where he pushed it forward to make
the pocket and then took a drill and bit and drilled from the back side of
the machine to make the hole. I thought it was a Porter Cable device, but I
don't see it on PC's website. Are any of you familiar with this device and
where one can be purchased?
Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Upscale" wrote in message
Kreg Tool sells pocket hole machines.
www.kregtrool.com

Sorry, misspelled it.
www.kregtool.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:04:18 GMT, "Tom" wrote:

I saw one time on Scotts show where he used a small pockethole machine. It
looked like a small device with a handle where he pushed it forward to make
the pocket and then took a drill and bit and drilled from the back side of
the machine to make the hole. I thought it was a Porter Cable device, but I
don't see it on PC's website. Are any of you familiar with this device and
where one can be purchased?

You mean this.

http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=2854

Kreg also makes a production machine at $50 more, then move up the
line in price to rather expense.

http://www.7corners.com/7c_store/sho...ATID=469865964

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Tom" wrote in message
I saw one time on Scotts show where he used a small pockethole machine. It
looked like a small device with a handle where he pushed it forward to make
the pocket and then took a drill and bit and drilled from the back side of
the machine to make the hole. I thought it was a Porter Cable device, but
I don't see it on PC's website. Are any of you familiar with this device
and where one can be purchased?
Thanks

IIRC PC does make it and basically it is way overbuilt. Takes too long and
is too expensive.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

It's not a Kreg device and it was not the PC big bench machine. It looked
like the PC color. It looked like it had a "D" type router router handle
and the machine/tool looked like it was about a foot long and about 8 inches
wide. He pushed the handle in to make the pocket hole and then took his
drill and inserted it in the hole in the back/bottom of the jig and drilled.

Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

Tom wrote:
It's not a Kreg device and it was not the PC big bench machine. It looked
like the PC color. It looked like it had a "D" type router router handle
and the machine/tool looked like it was about a foot long and about 8 inches
wide. He pushed the handle in to make the pocket hole and then took his
drill and inserted it in the hole in the back/bottom of the jig and drilled.

The drill is what makes the pocket, so I don't follow your description.
Is it possible that the handle was just the clamp?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Tom" wrote in message
It's not a Kreg device and it was not the PC big bench machine. It looked
like the PC color. It looked like it had a "D" type router router handle
and the machine/tool looked like it was about a foot long and about 8
inches wide. He pushed the handle in to make the pocket hole and then took
his drill and inserted it in the hole in the back/bottom of the jig and
drilled.

Oh, I see. It still sounds like a lot more trouble.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article Sv62g.110906$oL.5553@attbi_s71, "Tom"
wrote:

I saw one time on Scotts show where he used a small pockethole machine. It
looked like a small device with a handle where he pushed it forward to make
the pocket and then took a drill and bit and drilled from the back side of
the machine to make the hole. I thought it was a Porter Cable device, but I
don't see it on PC's website. Are any of you familiar with this device and
where one can be purchased?
Thanks

You're likely talking about the PC 550.
http://tinyurl.com/q8gqm

That's a router motor in that handle.
Had one, hated it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

No, I have seen this type of machine. The pocket is made by a router bit.
The hole is then drilled with a standard drill. Seems to me that just
skipping the router step and drilling the whole thing (Kregg system) would
be faster and the equipment is cheaper.

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...

The drill is what makes the pocket, so I don't follow your description.
Is it possible that the handle was just the clamp?

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

I agree but, with this machine, you can plug it in and it makes noise and
wood chips unlike that wimpy Kregg that just works

"Leon" wrote in message
et...

"Tom" wrote in message
It's not a Kreg device and it was not the PC big bench machine. It

looked
like the PC color. It looked like it had a "D" type router router

handle
and the machine/tool looked like it was about a foot long and about 8
inches wide. He pushed the handle in to make the pocket hole and then

took
his drill and inserted it in the hole in the back/bottom of the jig and
drilled.

Oh, I see. It still sounds like a lot more trouble.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...

I agree but, with this machine, you can plug it in and it makes noise and
wood chips unlike that wimpy Kregg that just works

Oh... yeah. I forgot to consider that. More noise, more work. Yeah that
does make sense. Maybe better with a Craftsman 6.5 hp shop vacuum cleaner
hooked up so that the neighbors can enjoy the process also. :~)

kms kuba sewing machinery UK diy 0 April 5th 06 09:19 AM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:54 PM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:54 PM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:53 PM
Zanussi washing machine - blown program selector Mat UK diy 1 July 9th 03 01:09 AM