Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes

Default Lee Valley's 1/2" skew detail chisels

Robin Lee,
Your skew detail chisels are an absolute delight to use when paring the
shoulders on a tenon.
I expected them to be good for paring tail ends on dovetails, but I was not
looking for what they will do on a tenon.
:-)
What are you going to do for an encore?

Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeW

Default Lee Valley's 1/2

Hi Lowell,

I have and use these very frequently...if the scale of work you do
warrants them, try the other detail chisels too.

I use them nearly every day for such tasks as cleaning out DTs, paring
small mortises, paring the square mortise for saw bolt heads, etc.

Take care, Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes

"MikeW" wrote in message
Hi Lowell,

I have and use these very frequently...if the scale of work you do
warrants them, try the other detail chisels too.

I use them nearly every day for such tasks as cleaning out DTs, paring
small mortises, paring the square mortise for saw bolt heads, etc.

Take care, Mike

Hi Mike,
I have the detail set and I use them. I bought the skew chisels to fill
out the set, thinking I would use them, and I have. My only complaint is
there is no room in the box for the skew chisels. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeW

Hi Lowell,

I made a new box like the detail set out of scrap Mahogany and a piece
of 1/8" Baltic Birch ply for the bottom. It now holds the skews
as well.

Take care, Mike

Skew problems Maxprop Woodturning 37 April 7th 06 10:59 PM
Turning Beads and Skew Chisels Ron Headon Woodturning 12 December 9th 04 06:08 PM
MHG Chisels & Hartville Tool Never Enough Money Woodworking 5 October 6th 04 12:52 PM
Angle for skew chisels Spoefish Woodworking 2 October 1st 04 10:23 AM