Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide

Default robots

..A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender.

The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail, and then asks him,
"What's your IQ?"

The man replies "150" and the robot proceeds to make conversation about

global warming factors, quantum physics and spirituality, biomimicry,
environmental interconnectedness, string theory, nanotechnology, and
sexual proclivities.

The customer is very impressed and thinks, "This is really cool." He
decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around, and
comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the

perfectly
prepared drink and asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man responds, "about a 100."

Immediately the robot starts talking, but this time, about football,
NASCAR, baseball, supermodels, favorite fast foods, guns, and women's

body
parts.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar and decides to give the robot

one
more test. He heads out and returns, the robot serves him and asks,
"What's your IQ?"

The man replies, "Er, 50, I think."

And the robot says... real slowly,

"So... is... your... party... gonna... nominate... Hillary... for...
president ???

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey, great! I got one:

The President climbed out of his helicopter in front of the White House
carrying a baby pig under each arm.

The Marine guard snapped to attention, saluted, and said:
"Nice pigs, sir."

The President replied: "Marine, these are not pigs, these are authentic
Texas Razorback Hogs. I got one for Vice President Cheney and I got
another for Karl Rove."

The Marine again snapped to attention, saluted, and replied, "Nice
trade, sir!"

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"mike hide" wrote in message
.A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender.

What does this have to do with woodworking?

Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide

"Frank Drackman" wrote in message
. ..

"mike hide" wrote in message
.A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender.

What does this have to do with woodworking?

Absolutely nothing, and whats your contribution to the group Frank ?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Frank Drackman wrote:

What does this have to do with woodworking?

Take your meds and go back to sleep.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

Default OT robots

"mike hide" wrote in message
.A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender.

What does this have to do with woodworking?

Absolutely nothing, and whats your contribution to the group Frank ?

My contribution on this message is to try to keep the group focused on
woodworking. It has been my observation that when newsgroups get cluttered
with OT posts key contributors go away, and I don't want them to go away.

When you post something like the above there is a good chance that a
Democratic will feel the need to respond and say something negative about
our current President, next we get a response to the responce.

There are plenty of groups dedicated to political discussions/jokes. Why
not post your message there?

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Mr. Drackman wrote:snipWhen you post something like the above there is
a good chance that a
Democratic will feel the need to respond and say something negative
about
our current President, next we get a response to the responcesnip

I don't think we need a
"Democratic" for that to happen. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Bonomi

"mike hide" wrote in message
.A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender.

What does this have to do with woodworking?

It was a mahogany bar.

And the drink was an almond daiquiri. {do I need to explain?}

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Northey

--

-Mike-

If the drink was a martini the olive would of been impaled on a pointy
stick. Would you like plans for that? :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Buddy Matlosz

"mike hide" wrote in message
.A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender.

What does this have to do with woodworking?

Absolutely nothing, and whats your contribution to the group Frank ?

My contribution on this message is to try to keep the group focused on
woodworking. It has been my observation that when newsgroups get

cluttered
with OT posts key contributors go away, and I don't want them to go away.

When you post something like the above there is a good chance that a
Democratic will feel the need to respond and say something negative about
our current President, next we get a response to the responce.

There are plenty of groups dedicated to political discussions/jokes. Why
not post your message there?

First day on usenet, Frank?

B.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

CW wrote:
No need for that. I'm a republican and I have plenty of bad things to say
about Bush.

"Frank Drackman" wrote in message

When you post something like the above there is a good chance that a
Democratic will feel the need to respond and say something negative about
our current President,

Thank you for saying that. Gives me hope that everybody isn't just
rooting for a "team".

The blue, the green, the red, and the white--some times I feel we're
reliving the lives and times of the romans, and it's enough that we have
bread and games to distract us from what they're doing to us.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Frank
Drackman wrote:

What does this have to do with woodworking?

A bar is made of wood.

And, the joke makes fun of Democrats/Liberals, so it's cool with me.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Frank
Drackman wrote:

My contribution on this message is to try to keep the group focused on
woodworking.

Good luck, Frank.

Wasted effort, me lad.
Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

with OT posts key contributors go away, and I don't want them to go away.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere Frank!

And if it makes you feel any better, the 'bar' is made of wood.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:54666$44418c73
:

*snip*

Plans for the martini or the pointy stick?

I've got an idea of how to make the pointy stick, but I'll need a new
tool to do so. ;-)

Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.

Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:150420061858342270%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , Frank
Drackman wrote:

What does this have to do with woodworking?

A bar is made of wood.

And, the joke makes fun of Democrats/Liberals, so it's cool with me.

Just think Frank your comment got more response than the joke. I guess I am
a conservative and I think Republicans are Slightly more so than Democrats.

However, I did think the pig joke was just as good as mine, can't you see
that marine saying "good trade sir"

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

"Puckdropper" wrote in message
reenews.net...
"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:54666$44418c73
:

*snip*

Plans for the martini or the pointy stick?

I've got an idea of how to make the pointy stick, but I'll need a new
tool to do so. ;-)

Indeed. Now that was a perfect "guy" sorta answer.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking
John \(aka wheelzuk\)

Perhaps the robots questions were a little wooden too? hmmm.... a robot? maybe the conversations were a little tinny? heck!, ... I'd better cross post to rec.metalworking! ;-))

John
--
Remove 'spamfree' to reply

Help Identify RJ-12 styled connector [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 January 9th 06 03:12 AM
FS: 1985 era Cinncinati Robots barry Metalworking 0 August 26th 05 10:14 PM
New Robotic Lawnmower Forums Online! (robomower and other household robots) [email protected] Home Ownership 0 June 20th 05 03:36 AM
Japanese robots F.S. Home Ownership 0 April 13th 05 09:10 PM
Scrap or repair? TonyK UK diy 43 January 5th 04 01:02 PM