Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem

Default X5 6inch jointer has arrived

Well actually I got it yesterday, Made in China is on the head and the
stand. I also know where a good bit of recycled motor oil is going.

There is no information of any kind on changing the motor to 240v zip
zero nada. Of course that means that Dewalt Servicenet is throwing one
of its frequent hissy fits. Called Holz Tool Supply asked for any
information, they tried Servicenet and calling Delta tech support, no
response. However they called a local motorshop, it is a standard
wired motor. 6 wires, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8

For 120v - 1 3 5 to hot, - 2 4 8 to neutral for CCW

For 240v - 1 to hot, - 4 8 to neutral, - 2 3 5 to each other for CCW

Transpose 5 for 8 for CW.

At least that's what worked.

Only one other problem someone over torqued one of the screws in the
switch box and broke it. I will call the dealer tomorrow it is nice to
deal with people who care.

Mark

(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack

My 37-275x jointer ran fine on 120 volts, but 220v is good too.

Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning

Aren't you glad you bought american? ;-)

brian

Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem

On 13 Apr 2006 12:15:48 -0700, "brianlanning"
wrote:

Aren't you glad you bought american? ;-)

Actually it was a price driven purchase, with the $100 rebate from
$624 total with tax, with my needs I could not find a jointer with the
features any cheaper I think. But the dealer Holz Tool Supply was by
choice people who strive for good customer service should be rewarded.
Could have bought in St Louis for $30 less minus a couple of gallons
of gas, that would be Hydraflow Equipment Company in St Louis $549 on
the Web site.

Markem
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning

So I would compare the delta to this one:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0452

It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures, but from the pics and the
specs it looks like they're made in the same factory, or at least
they're the same design, for about $230 less delivered from griz.
Still, I can appreciate buying from a local store. You do have to deal
with the shipping nightmare if there's a problem with the machine.
Griz has a very good reputation for helping with this though. Of
course, if you live near one of the three magic locations, you get the
best of both worlds.

brian

Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem

On 14 Apr 2006 11:53:27 -0700, "brianlanning"
wrote:

So I would compare the delta to this one:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0452

Yes I could have driven to Springfield MO some 600 miles roundtrip,
but it would have been a wash when gas and food is added in so I chose
a Delta dealer whom I have dealt with in the past that is 60 miles
away. Also it saves me from wandering around the showroom for hours of
drooling. Holz threw in the mobile base too.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618