Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew

Default Table Saw

I am looking to purchase a Table Saw but I am unsure which one to buy.
I have found a good one one on the internet, only to find it was an
American site. The Table saw was a PM2000.

Would anyone like to recommend a good saw, I am happy to spend a
reasonable amount for the right saw. I am a hobbyist, but we are also
doing a far bit of house renovations.

Thanks

Andrew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mekon

"Andrew" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am looking to purchase a Table Saw but I am unsure which one to buy.
I have found a good one one on the internet, only to find it was an
American site. The Table saw was a PM2000.

Would anyone like to recommend a good saw, I am happy to spend a
reasonable amount for the right saw. I am a hobbyist, but we are also
doing a far bit of house renovations.

Where in the world would you like to buy your saw?

Mekon

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"Andrew" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am looking to purchase a Table Saw but I am unsure which one to buy.
I have found a good one one on the internet, only to find it was an
American site. The Table saw was a PM2000.

Would anyone like to recommend a good saw, I am happy to spend a
reasonable amount for the right saw. I am a hobbyist, but we are also
doing a far bit of house renovations.

Thanks

Andrew

Where are you located?

What types of things do you want to build?

Do you do a lot of work with sheet goods, hardwoods, or both?

What do you define as a reasonable amount of money?

What other tools do you have or plan to purchase?

Would you be upset if you purchased a lower quality saw now and upgraded in
a few years knowing that it would have been cheaper if you initially
purchased the quality saw?

How much room do you have to allocate to the saw?

Does the saw have to be portable?

Do you want to be able to brag about the brand of saw you purchased, or
looking for the best value?

I know that seems like a lot of questions but the more you think about the
potential purchase the happier I think that you will be post sale.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article om,
"Andrew" wrote:

The Table saw was a PM2000.

Take a deep breath......

Repeat after me:

"BUY the farkin'saw...just BUY it."

You could, maybe, buy a similar saw for a couple of hundred less.
So what?
BUYING the saw is the easy part. Creating a space for it, makes it an
experience which will, through karma, last you a life-time.
A piece of equipment of that calibre will force you to become ONE with
perfection.
A saw like that will NOT allow you to make birdhouses and lobster traps.
Running a piece of equipment like that will raise the bar on all you
will do.
When you go buy that inevitable jointer or planer, it will be THAT SAW
which will dictate the quality of equipment you will buy from this day
onward.

You are making some intelligent choices, Andrew. Congratulations.

(PS don't let the gold paint fool you..it's a good saw.)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Gooey TARBALLS

This is a Rockwell 10" unisaw model #34-450. (serial #DY6730) Motor is 3
phase, 220-460 volts. Current Bid: $52.00

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDispl...428&acctID=127

This is a Oliver model #270-D table saw. (serial #68728) Motor is 3 phase,
220 volts. Current Bid: $50.00

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDispl...429&acctID=127

Seller Name: Tennessee Technological University
Asset Location: 915 N Whitney
Cookeville, TENNESSEE 38505

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article om,
"Andrew" wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
AL

If you really want a Powermatic PM2000, you should be able to locate a
dealer in Australia. It might even sell for less than here in the US
because of reduced shipping cost from Taiwan or China.

"Andrew" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am looking to purchase a Table Saw but I am unsure which one to buy.
I have found a good one one on the internet, only to find it was an
American site. The Table saw was a PM2000.

Would anyone like to recommend a good saw, I am happy to spend a
reasonable amount for the right saw. I am a hobbyist, but we are also
doing a far bit of house renovations.

Thanks

Andrew

Posted to rec.woodworking

If you found a saw you liked , take the specs into a good tool dealer
and see how closely he can match it .

In australia you will find everytrhing is metric.