Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV

Default Murphy's (Joe's) Laws

Came across this while searching the archives for dust + explosion.
Doesn't look like it has been posted since '02.

My skill level puts me right around 44 through 47

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...ysWoodworking/

Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

RayV wrote:
Came across this while searching the archives for dust + explosion.
Doesn't look like it has been posted since '02.

My skill level puts me right around 44 through 47

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...ysWoodworking/

my thoughts

12. should be - Once a project is fouled up, anything you do to it will
only make it *better*.

16. should be ammended with "And the second time."

24. This one was funny.

26. I was smiling about this one until I read 27...

The final 3 were good as well or maybe

--
Thank you,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self

RayV wrote:
Came across this while searching the archives for dust + explosion.
Doesn't look like it has been posted since '02.

My skill level puts me right around 44 through 47

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...ysWoodworking/

"46. You would rather spend your money on good tools than waste it on
expensive hardwoods."

Yes, but...I just used a good 15" planer to plane one 10' 5/4x6" walnut
board and one 8' 10/4x8" cherry plank down, and the good tool adage
applies here, especially with that honking chunk of cherry. It's log
run--I bought it about 5-6 years ago at a sawmill where no one else
wanted the load. It's log run, certainly not FAS, but the power of the
15" stationary planer compared to even the best portable planers has to
be used to be appreciated.

This is a point where heavier duty good tools outdo lighter duty good
tools (not always the case.

Charlie Self

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Wells

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:11:42 -0800, RayV wrote:

Came across this while searching the archives for dust + explosion.
Doesn't look like it has been posted since '02.

My skill level puts me right around 44 through 47

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...ysWoodworking/

Man, am I livin' #68 right now.

--
The only thing worse than a Cubs fan is a happy Cubs fan.
-Joe Wells

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

This is a point where heavier duty good tools outdo lighter duty good
tools (not always the case.

Good to see you back ... beginning to wonder.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
george

"RayV" wrote in message
oups.com...
Came across this while searching the archives for dust + explosion.
Doesn't look like it has been posted since '02.

My skill level puts me right around 44 through 47

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...ysWoodworking/

Many of these seem to be purloined from an old electronics company's (1960s)
Murphys Laws...but they missed one that would still apply for woodworking
and that is Murphy's Law of Selective Gravitation: "a dropped tool will
always land where it can do the most damage."

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pete Stolz

Yeah, and I'm livin' #47 with my workbench top. I coulda bought one for
about $360. I'm way past that mark. BUT, I keep tellin' m'self that it's
exactly the way I want it, not the way somebody else wanted it.

"Joe Wells" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:11:42 -0800, RayV wrote:

Came across this while searching the archives for dust + explosion.
Doesn't look like it has been posted since '02.

My skill level puts me right around 44 through 47

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...ysWoodworking/

Man, am I livin' #68 right now.

--
The only thing worse than a Cubs fan is a happy Cubs fan.
-Joe Wells

Posted to rec.woodworking
Owen Lawrence

Came across this while searching the archives for dust + explosion.
Doesn't look like it has been posted since '02.

My skill level puts me right around 44 through 47

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...ysWoodworking/

I didn't see this one anywhe

"When taking a picture of the amazing twenty clamp glue-up, you won't notice
that the main panel was glued with rabbet side wrong until you look through
the viewfinder."

nor it's companion:

"The speed at which the glue sets increases with the number of clamps you
need, and is always greater than the speed at which you can set the clamps."

- Owen -

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pete Stolz

Are you the Charles Self that wrote "Super Simple Birdhouses You Can Make"?
If so, nice job! My then 10-year-old daughter and I made 8 of the "Easy
Cleaning Wren Houses" for Christmas gifts last year. Tons of fun. Now, my
5-year-old son and I are going to make one of the nesting shelves for
robins. We picked out the project last night, and he can't wait to get
started.
Thanks for great projects I can do with my kids!
Pete

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
ups.com...

RayV wrote:
[...]

Murphy's Oil Soap stains on unfinished hardwood floor [email protected] Woodworking 1 June 5th 05 06:53 PM
R*volume*raduis2 c3po "Theroy of everything" zetasum Electronics Repair 0 February 18th 05 09:21 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Nice write up about LEDs Gunner Metalworking 242 June 13th 04 04:10 PM
ot- Gun Laws in Australia Gunner Metalworking 10 April 28th 04 10:46 AM