Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
@veriz(nospam)on.net

Default Ridgid vs Craftsman table saw

I'm honing in on my search for a new table saw. Looks like I'm down to
the Ridgid contractor's saw ($549 at the borg) vs. the Craftsman
contractor's saw (on sale this week at $629). The Ridgid includes a
mobile base (important to me); the Sears has a 3/4 cabinet and a 4" dust
collection port. Both are 1 1/2 hp with identical table top sizes.
Each has what appears to be a sturdy fence. The Sears saw has a miter
gauge extension.

Any thoughts from owners of either of these saws?

TIA

Cap'n 321