Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default Ridgid vs Craftsman table saw

I have the Ridgid (also purchased at the Borg). So far, absolutely no
complaints. Runs like a dream, very stable, and built very solid.

The one thing I've heard critics complain about is that you have to turn
the adjustment wheel more times than on other saws to raise or lower the
blade. Actually, I kind of like that. Gives me a lot of control on the
cutting height.

I haven't had the saw for long, so I can attest to the long-term
problems that might arise. Also, hard to say anything bad about the
Craftman. I was considering that one also. I decided on the Ridgid
because of the built in mobile base.

Jack

nospam wrote:
I'm honing in on my search for a new table saw. Looks like I'm down to
the Ridgid contractor's saw ($549 at the borg) vs. the Craftsman
contractor's saw (on sale this week at $629). The Ridgid includes a
mobile base (important to me); the Sears has a 3/4 cabinet and a 4" dust
collection port. Both are 1 1/2 hp with identical table top sizes. Each
has what appears to be a sturdy fence. The Sears saw has a miter gauge
extension.

Any thoughts from owners of either of these saws?

TIA

Cap'n 321