Posted to rec.woodworking
Han

Default slow refund from Garrett Wade

I had ordered on 12/8/2005 an "odd job brass bound wood rule" from Garrett
Wade. Upon arrival, I found this to be a poorly made instrument and
returned it for credit using the enclosed instructions and delivered it to
the local UPS office, again, as per instructions. The refund has now
(3/23/2005) appeared on my credit card, more than 3 months after returning
the item.

I am thanking Garrett Wade by email as follows:

I have finally received the refund for the item. Thank you. My faith in
Garrett Wade has been restored somewhat. Please note, I was severely
disappointed by the quality of the "odd job brass bound wood rule", and the
slow refund does reflect adversely on my desire to purchase from Garrett
Wade.
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

garrett wade was once a retailer of quality (if overpriced) stuff. now
they are just a retailer of overpriced stuff.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

Han wrote:
I had ordered on 12/8/2005 an "odd job brass bound wood rule" from Garrett
Wade. Upon arrival, I found this to be a poorly made instrument and
returned it for credit using the enclosed instructions and delivered it to
the local UPS office, again, as per instructions. The refund has now
(3/23/2005) appeared on my credit card, more than 3 months after returning
the item.

I am thanking Garrett Wade by email as follows:

I have finally received the refund for the item. Thank you. My faith in
Garrett Wade has been restored somewhat. Please note, I was severely
disappointed by the quality of the "odd job brass bound wood rule", and the
slow refund does reflect adversely on my desire to purchase from Garrett
Wade.

by law IANAL, if you buy something with a CC today and return it today
they have 30days to refund your money to the card...Some irreputable
companies take advantage of this. 3 months is another story.

--
Thank you,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

dnoyeB writes:

by law IANAL, if you buy something with a CC today and return it today
they have 30days to refund your money to the card...Some irreputable
companies take advantage of this. 3 months is another story.

Any company that doesn't credit my credit card immediately or within a few
days at least is unlikely to get more business from me.

It took about two months and an extra phone call to get the remainder of
my refund from Dell. They won't be on top of my list for my next PC.

Brian Elfert