Scarfie

Default DVD - Slow Motion

I'm looking for a way to play back DVD video in precise slow motion. The
regular slow motion settings are OK but our needs are more precise.

We use DVD to record video for film. When a scene is filmed in slow motion
we need to replicate the look and feel in the video playback. IE - the
film camera may be overcranked to 36fps instead of 24fps. This will make
the resulting picture play at .67 regular speed. The video we record will
be regular 30 fps (29.97) but we have to play it back with the same
percentage of slow motion. The frame rates used in film vary widely and we
need to match them.

I've already looked into a computer emitting several Frame Advance remote
contol commands per second but it looks like the best we can expect to
achieve is 12 frames per second given the limitations of the remote control
protocol.

My next idea, and the reason I am posting here, is to see if it is possible
to 'hack' into the decks synch generator to feed it time synch from an
outside source. A mini jack or 1/4" jack could be added to the back panel
to input the source synch.

The outside source would be any computer (laptop, specially programmed PIC,
etc) that could modulate the time so the player thinks a second is longer
than a second really is.

Anyone know if this is feasible? I'm willing to offer up a player for
experimentation if anyone can even say it may be possible.

Chaos Master

Scarfie said:

Anyone know if this is feasible? I'm willing to offer up a player for
experimentation if anyone can even say it may be possible.

I don't know if it's possible, but I think there's video software for PC that
could do this stuff?

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil.
"People told me I can't dress like a fairy.

The Evanescen(t/ce) HP: http://marreka.no-ip.com