Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
John Moorhead

Default Okay, dadoed miter question

Folks -

I can't think of any hard reason why this wouldn't be safe, but thot I'd
ask, since I'll be showing a shop full of spermlings the operation...

I want to cut a small channel in the center of a square ~2" x 24" it's for a
student's lamp project - I am going to rip it in half, then I wanted to use
the dado head at 45 degrees to cut a small channel for the lamp cord through
the center of each half and glue the whole mess back together.

Yes, I know I could do the same thing using a core box bit in the router
table - yes I know I could make two passes with each half of the stock and a
standard saw blade. - I want to show them that there are almost always more
than one or two ways to do things, and I already have the dado set on the
saw.

So, simply put, is it safe to cut dadoes with the blade tilted at an angle
other than 90/0 degrees? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

John Moorhead