Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerome Ranch

Default INCRA stop senior moment

I've got an INCRA fence on my Delta miter box..used it for many years,
zero it on the measuring side of the blade, adjust the rule, set it
for the length of cut, and the length is spot on..but today I'm using
it, same blade, same saw, same everything..it seems cutting short the
kerf of the blade..
can't figure it out since I zero it on the INCRA stop on the measuring
side of the blade, and kerf has nothing to do with the measuring

Any ideas?

Jerry
Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Jerome Ranch wrote:

I've got an INCRA fence on my Delta miter box..used it for many years,
zero it on the measuring side of the blade, adjust the rule, set it
for the length of cut, and the length is spot on..but today I'm using
it, same blade, same saw, same everything..it seems cutting short the
kerf of the blade..
can't figure it out since I zero it on the INCRA stop on the measuring
side of the blade, and kerf has nothing to do with the measuring

Any ideas?

Jerry

Two possibilities I can think of an one's a stretch.

One, if your saw has a brake, stops sooner than if you
just let it wind down after power is off, and you didn't
tighten the arbor nut really well when you put the
blade on (years ago?) the nut could be loose and the
blade can wobble just a tad. If you notice the blade
stays spinning well after the power is off that's
a definite possibility - DAMHIKT)

You may have somehow gone off zero degrees and
you're not cutting square ends Have you been cutting
any angles just before things went to hell?

charlie b

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerome Ranch

Charlie
I clean my blade probably every two weeks..from tar etc, and since
these are finish cuts I want a nice blade. So yes I remove the blade
frequently. I will check today that it is seated correctly by
removing it completely and reattaching.

Been cutting lots of angles, but when I check with my try square, all
is fine. Plus the variance is at least a kerf width..I'd see that..and
the MS locks into place at zero, and its locked.

Really mystifying..maybe I should call INCRA

Jerry

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:23:11 -0800, charlie b
wrote:

Jerome Ranch wrote:

[...]

LG DVC6500 behaves like 'stop' button pressed with DVD HandyMan Electronics Repair 3 October 1st 05 07:29 PM
Stop Beads Before or After? [email protected] UK diy 2 January 15th 05 09:31 AM
Stop cock leaking Rich UK diy 7 September 29th 03 01:45 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM
Slow leak on compression joint - can't access stop cock The Natural Philosopher UK diy 4 July 10th 03 02:34 PM