Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
rich

Default Kickback

Hi, All,

I thought kickback was for thumb fingered geeks who didn't read the
manuals. I was wrong!!! Just got my first table saw last week, and
while putting some grooves in the ends of 1x2's, I dropped or bumped an
8 inch piece against the blade. Of course the blade guard was up!
LOUD THUNK! Oh, well... Finished the other pieces, and went looking
for the missing piece. Nowhere on the floor. Then I saw the piece
embeded in the plasterboard wall! Well embeded!

I had learned enough to use multiple push sticks, and stood well to
the left of the blade, so there was no injury, except to self esteem.

I am now a FIRM believer in the hazards of kickback. Even letting a
smaller piece of wood touch a moving blade will give you a scare, and a
vivid example of very rapid acceleration.

Hope this helps someone else avoid the experience.

Regards,

Rich.....

Your kickback experience Mike W. Woodworking 50 November 9th 05 07:02 PM
Learn from my kickback event. Billy Smith Woodworking 26 October 26th 05 05:21 AM
unexpected introduction to kickback edog Woodworking 32 September 25th 05 04:33 PM
Planer Kickback Gary Woodworking 22 June 3rd 05 03:32 AM
stoopid-ass mistake: plate jointer kickback J.B. Bobbitt Woodworking 5 September 18th 03 05:32 PM