Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

Default New Table Saw

I'm thinking of buying a new Hitachi C10FL 10 inch table saw. Has anyone
had experience with this saw or with Hitachi? I've read two reviews on line
and both were very positive.

Any other recommendations for a table saw in the 4-5 hundred dollar range?

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Hitachi+C10FL&hl=en

G O O G L E !

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:54:29 -0600, "Tom"
wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a new Hitachi C10FL 10 inch table saw. Has anyone
had experience with this saw or with Hitachi? I've read two reviews on line
and both were very positive.

Don't know anything about it other than that they're lying about the
hp.

Any other recommendations for a table saw in the 4-5 hundred dollar range?

I have the Ridgid. Good saw, but do a search about the arbor problems
with stacked dado cutters - hopefully no longer an issue. That and
the stand/integrated mobile base takes FOREVER to assemble.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"stoutman" .@. wrote:

G O O G L E !

Has the thought occurred to you that there may be fresher reports than
those offered up by the (in some cases) ancient archives?

The OP is about to drop half a G-note on a tool. Does it bother you that
much for him to seek some reassurance that what he is buying is the
right thing?

Lighten-the-**** up, Stoutperson!

(What I envision, is a man with a purple uniform, handle-bar moustache,
standing on a cone-shaped platform, like the ones elephants in the
circus use to do their tricks, screaming at the top of his lungs:
G O O G L E !
Ahhh yess.. a Pythonesque scene, with a Cleese voice-over.)

During this bout with insomnia, this seems funny to me.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Hedley

I just bought the Rigid TS3650 at the BORG this past Fall and am happy with
it. More than enough TS for me and it got great reviews in a few mags for
2005. With 10% off, it is just in the upper limit of your price range (they
take competitors' coupons or you can open a charge card).

And you can't beat the LIFETIME parts and labor guarantee, if it is still
offered. That alone is what swayed me from the Delta.

"Tom" wrote in message
I'm thinking of buying a new Hitachi C10FL 10 inch table saw. Has anyone
had experience with this saw or with Hitachi? I've read two reviews on
line
and both were very positive.

Any other recommendations for a table saw in the 4-5 hundred dollar range?

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article , "Tom"
wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a new Hitachi C10FL 10 inch table saw. Has anyone
had experience with this saw or with Hitachi? I've read two reviews on line
and both were very positive.

Any other recommendations for a table saw in the 4-5 hundred dollar range?

Thanks

50-175-M1 General.

Picked by many magazines as best buy, best overall etc.
Around $ 750 US... I know it's more than you planned... face it now and
get it over with: it will always be more than planned.

Seriously, Tom... what is a couple of hundred in the big scheme of
things? It is truly a great foundation upon which to build your
woodworking future.

Run, don't walk to your friendly General store and plop down your cash.

DO IT, dammit!!

=0)
Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"stoutman" .@. wrote:

G O O G L E !

Has the thought occurred to you that there may be fresher reports than
those offered up by the (in some cases) ancient archives?

Ancient? Umm, is it a new model that he is asking about?? Do those
"ancient" archives you speak of not mention his saw??

The OP is about to drop half a G-note on a tool. Does it bother you that
much for him to seek some reassurance that what he is buying is the
right thing?

It doesn't bother me at all. I was simply offering him an avenue where he
could find his "reassurance". Believe it or not, there are people that do
not know you can search (google-groups) archives.

There is a strong possibility that the OP did not google-groups (search the
archives). There is also the possibility that he found what I offered
helpful. Did you think of that Roba?

Lighten-the-**** up, Stoutperson!

umm, ok. I think you are the one that needs to lighten up.

(What I envision, is a man with a purple uniform, handle-bar moustache,
standing on a cone-shaped platform, like the ones elephants in the
circus use to do their tricks, screaming at the top of his lungs:
G O O G L E !

I don't recal asking what you envision, nor do I care.

Ahhh yess.. a Pythonesque scene, with a Cleese voice-over.)

During this bout with insomnia, this seems funny to me.

One word for you man, Haldol!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie H.

Tom,

I have owned a Hitachi 10" compound sliding miter saw for about 5 years, it
is a wonderful tool. When I bought it I though it cost a small fortune, but
it was well worth it. The performance of this saw convinced me to sell an
old Craftsman table saw which I had to battle with every time I used it. The
Hitachi saw was really the first "good" power tool I had ever purchased.
While still very budget conscience I only want "good" tools now. All that
really means is that I want the tool to work like it is supposed to work
which is to be repeatable, trouble free, and easy to operate with out a lot
of fiddling around every time I use it.

I just went through the table saw purchasing adventure and I really
appreciate where you are at right now.
I did have the opportunity to actually look at and touch a lot of different
machines before I made my purchase decision. What I learned is that you can
drop $1000 and still have some of the same issues that the $500 class saw
has.
I read the same reviews you have seen when I was shopping for a table saw,
it seems that no table saw that I can afford is a perfect machine. While the
Hitachi looked pretty good to me. In the end I bought the Delta Hybrid with
the T2 fence, Amazon was having a coupon sale and I got it delivered into my
garage for $649. Depending on the state you live in the sales tax savings
might make ordering through Amazon a good deal if they are having the
discount coupon deal.
The features that influenced my final decision: motor location (inside the
closed cabinet on the Delta), solid cast iron extension wings, and personal
preference for the T2 fence. The $150 discount coupon made the price look a
lot better too. I am very happy with the Delta Hybrid.
If I had bought the Hitachi saw I think I would have been happy with it too.
The Hitachi's price is still considerably less than what I paid for my saw
and if I remember correctly it comes with built in retractable wheels, which
is a great feature for the garage workshop. I still have to purchase the
dolly for my saw and it is not cheap.
Someone else commented about horse power, I would not be overly concerned
about that. If you were planning to cut railroad ties you would be
disappointed with the performance of any saw in this price class. This
machine is for the homeowner / remodeler / woodworking hobbyist.
I guess I would stretch the budget as much as possible and if 4 - 5 hundred
is the budget then the Hitachi looks like one of the better choices to me.
If you can stand $650 and are so inclined to wait for the sale to come back
on Amazon I have really liked the Delta Hybrid so far. Of course two weeks
of ownership is not the best barometer to judge by. But I am not initially
disappointed, which was a concern to me. If you are buying the Hitachi from
someplace like Lowes or Home Depot and you are truly disappointed you could
always take it back for a refund.
This news group can be pretty tough on people, not sure exactly why, I see
no need for it but I am just responsible for myself.
Perhaps it is because there does not seem to very many beginner to
intermediate woodworkers, it seems like most of the people here are more
advanced in their skills and tool quality requirements and hence less likely
to see the merits of buying a $400-500 table saw or for that matter buying a
120v powered table saw of any variety.
I can see their point, but at the same time there are a lot of us that seek
reassurance that our hard earned $400-500 is being spent on the best
available in its class.

Good luck and post back here when you have purchased your saw and have it
setup.

Charlie