Posted to rec.woodworking
mark

Default bosch jigsaws

I recently bought a bosch 1584 Jigsaw kit and got a good deal on it. I
noticed on their website they do not offer it anymore and it looks like the
1591 has replaced it. Is there anything I should be worried about, does the
new model have any advantages over the old one? Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"mark" wrote in message
I recently bought a bosch 1584 Jigsaw kit and got a good deal on it. I
noticed on their website they do not offer it anymore and it looks like
the
1591 has replaced it. Is there anything I should be worried about, does
the
new model have any advantages over the old one? Thanks

You have a good saw. The newer saw simply adds conveniences that your model
does not have. Specifically, the blade change mechanism. On the newer
model you no longer have to go through a more complicated procedure to
change blades. On the new one, blade removal takes about 1 second and
putting in a blade takes about 5 or 6 seconds. With the older model you are
looking at about 30 seconds for the whole procedudure. IIRC the newer model
has a slightly better method of keeping the blade aligned when sawing, and a
touch more power.
You should be pleased with your new saw providing you use good quality
blades. Look at continuing to use Bosch blades. Also don't look at the new
one up close if you think you will tire of going through the blade change
routine on your current saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"mark" wrote in message
I recently bought a bosch 1584 Jigsaw kit and got a good deal on it. I
noticed on their website they do not offer it anymore and it looks like

the
1591 has replaced it. Is there anything I should be worried about, does

the
new model have any advantages over the old one? Thanks

Relax and enjoy it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
LoboMike

Interesting, mine just died. Fully charged battery that works in other
pieces work fine, but jig saw is dead. Any advice?

Up to this burp I have been very happy with my kit.

Thanx

mark wrote:
I recently bought a bosch 1584 Jigsaw kit and got a good deal on it. I
noticed on their website they do not offer it anymore and it looks like the
1591 has replaced it. Is there anything I should be worried about, does the
new model have any advantages over the old one? Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"LoboMike" wrote in message
ink.net...
Interesting, mine just died. Fully charged battery that works in other
pieces work fine, but jig saw is dead. Any advice?

Up to this burp I have been very happy with my kit.

Check the switch and then the brushes.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"mark" wrote in message
I recently bought a bosch 1584 Jigsaw kit and got a good deal on it. I
noticed on their website they do not offer it anymore and it looks like
the
1591 has replaced it. Is there anything I should be worried about, does
the
new model have any advantages over the old one? Thanks

Every year at Christmas, owners of the 1591 get a nice gift from Bosch.
Last year is was a bottle of wine and a wheel of good cheese. Owners of the
1584 don't even get a card.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

Every year at Christmas, owners of the 1591 get a nice gift from Bosch.
Last year is was a bottle of wine and a wheel of good cheese. Owners of
the 1584 don't even get a card.

You DOG.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Ba r r y wrote:

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:29:16 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Every year at Christmas, owners of the 1591 get a nice gift from
Bosch. Last year is was a bottle of wine and a wheel of good cheese.

Excellent wine this year!

Looking forward to this Christmas...

And the cheese was Exceptional!!