Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen

Default revisiting all Wooden tambours

(Well at least I spelled tambour correctly this time.)
After digging through several boxes I found the FW article on making
all wooden tambours. It is in issue # 79 from Decemebr 1989. The
author used 4 different router bits plus a dado cutter to make the
slats. He would make two slats from each double wide piece to speed up
the process and - in his words- " to give you a substantial piece of
wood to work with, thus keeping your fingers away from the cutters".
The ball and socket joints do not look that difficult to reproduce and
I'm certain if I searched the router bit selection at my local WW store
I could find a set that would accomplish this task with less steps (8)
than he did back in the day.
I do not have any means to post these plans yet but I can scan them
next week at work and I'd be happy to send them out to anyone who wants
to view them.
Contact me here at the REC. or email me directly at .

Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking
John B

marc rosen wrote:
[...]

G'day Marc,
I'd love a copy if it's not to much trouble.
Thanks
John
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Gorman

marc rosen wrote:
[...]

I can post them, at least until traffic gets too high from the downloads,
Joe