Gregory McGuire

Default making a wooden slalom waterski

I read a post from rec.waterski newsgroup long since archived and cached on
google
about making a wooden waterski. And after reading the post there was a lot
of negative remarks about owning
a wooden waterski. And there were some suggestions about building it. And I
went ahead and
built a waterski using wood and took pictures of the progress.
My reason for making a waterski was due to the need for a ski with more
surface area to help make it easier to get up. And after researching some of
the waterski manufacturer's websites and gathering
some useful information about setting up the ski - bindings and fin setup I
have put together a slalom ski that I believe is much better than the one
that I was using.
I was checking out websites like Obrien, D-3, Schnitzskis, Goode,
AndyMapple.
I believe that I can put together a ski just about as good as carbon fiber
using wood without the
weight savings and have a great handling ski.
I haven't owned a carbon fiber ski yet and am still a fan of wooden
water-skis.
If anybody who reads this - I could use some technical info from your ski -
Sometimes just a picture of a ski is all I need to create one in wood.
I created a website that is only pictures of how I made the wooden slalom
waterski,
and you can view them if you want - and I also would ask anyone interested
in forwarding
some technical info about a carbon fiber ski that you own, possibly a
picture as well - thanks
greg.
http://users.rcn.com/neptunium/ws/

Troy Hall

Check out "elephant skis" which was what I FIRST learned to get up on. They
are extra wide and extra long. You pop up-on-top like a cork.

signature Troy & Michelle Hall Cogy Farm Clay Center, Kansas 67432
"Gregory McGuire" wrote in message
[...]

---