Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default OT - Cheyey Cited For Breaking Law

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11340558/

Gotta love Texas, they've definitely got their priorities in order.
They cite Cheney for not having a bird hunting stamp, but don't say
anything about him shooting a lawyer. I guess that means you don't need
a stamp for hunting vermin.

JOAT
I'm busy now, can I ignore you some other time?

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

And the White House tries to pin this on Whittington! Incredible! Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max

On 14 Feb 2006 09:41:20 -0800, "tom" wrote:

And the White House tries to pin this on Whittington! Incredible! Tom

Isn't it always open season on lawyers?

What's the difference between a lawyer and a vulture?

The lawyer can take his wingtips off.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Wes Stewart

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:32:10 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11340558/

Gotta love Texas, they've definitely got their priorities in order.
They cite Cheney for not having a bird hunting stamp, but don't say
anything about him shooting a lawyer. I guess that means you don't need
a stamp for hunting vermin.

This link now shows "breaking news" that the guy was hit in the heart
too and suffered a minor heart attack.

A lawyer friend of Dick's with a heart, that's a strange one.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Olebiker

J T wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11340558/

Gotta love Texas, they've definitely got their priorities in order.
They cite Cheney for not having a bird hunting stamp, but don't say
anything about him shooting a lawyer. I guess that means you don't need
a stamp for hunting vermin.

I was talking to my elderly father in Kentucky this morning. He said,
"I don't understand why Cheney is getting so much press over this. The
papers didn't say a thing that time I accidently shot Mr. O'Brian's
beagle hound and you know that dog was worth a lot more to the world
than some Republican lawyer."

Posted to rec.woodworking
Josh

That's a really mean thing to say...

about all the perfectly nice vermin out there.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Al Reid

"George Max" wrote in message
news
On 14 Feb 2006 09:41:20 -0800, "tom" wrote:

And the White House tries to pin this on Whittington! Incredible! Tom

Isn't it always open season on lawyers?

What's the difference between a lawyer and a vulture?

The lawyer can take his wingtips off.

What's the difference between a lawyer and a carp?

One is a bottom feeding scum sucker...

The other's a fish.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

In article , (J T) wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11340558/

Gotta love Texas, they've definitely got their priorities in order.
They cite Cheney for not having a bird hunting stamp, but don't say
anything about him shooting a lawyer. I guess that means you don't need
a stamp for hunting vermin.

I didn't think you needed a license to hunt lawyers --? Wonder if Texas might
actually have a *bounty* on them.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Doug Miller (in )
said:

| In article ,
| (J T) wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11340558/
|| Gotta love Texas, they've definitely got their priorities in
|| order. They cite Cheney for not having a bird hunting stamp, but
|| don't say anything about him shooting a lawyer. I guess that
|| means you don't need a stamp for hunting vermin.
|
| I didn't think you needed a license to hunt lawyers --? Wonder if
| Texas might
| actually have a *bounty* on them.

If so, this could be the beginning of serious campaign finance reform.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article bCrIf.76629$_D1.19368@trnddc03,
"Al Reid" wrote:

"George Max" wrote in message
news
On 14 Feb 2006 09:41:20 -0800, "tom" wrote:

And the White House tries to pin this on Whittington! Incredible! Tom

Isn't it always open season on lawyers?

What's the difference between a lawyer and a vulture?

The lawyer can take his wingtips off.

What's the difference between a lawyer and a carp?

One is a bottom feeding scum sucker...

The other's a fish.

Good news: A bus with lawyers tumbled off a cliff. All died.
Bad news: There were empty seats.

What is brown and looks good on a lawyer?
..
..
..
..
..

A Doberman.

(Is this thread spiralling out of control?)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Robatoy wrote:

(Is this thread spiralling out of control?)

You'll have that.

All this lawyer-bashing is interesting. Talk about "group-think".
Plumbers probably rip off an awful lot of people... but are there any
plumber jokes? What about "why don't sharks eat auto mechanics?" I
know, has no flavor.

There was time when being a lawyer was considered an honorable
profession. Now it's an honorable profession to GO in... not BE in.
Case in point... if I said I had a son working his way through law
school it might elicit an "aw, that's swell" response. "What a good
boy... he's gonna be a lawyer!"

But once he's a lawyer... or lawyers in general... errbody KNOWS what
those damn lawyers are like. Oddly, I wonder if we feel the same about
female lawyers? The whole lawyer-bashing business does seem to work
better when we just assume it's male lawyers we're talking about.

It's interesting what we think and why we think it. Or maybe why we
think we think it ;-)

Rambling... again. If only my trust fund would run out... then I'd be
forced to do something more useful with my time :-)

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11340558/

I guess that means you don't need a stamp for hunting vermin.

That is correct. Thank goodness.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
Robatoy wrote:

(Is this thread spiralling out of control?)

You'll have that.

All this lawyer-bashing is interesting. Talk about "group-think".
Plumbers probably rip off an awful lot of people... but are there any
plumber jokes? What about "why don't sharks eat auto mechanics?" I
know, has no flavor.

Perhaps it is the snooty arrogant attitude that most lawyers have.
Plumbers and mechanics are mostly normal all the time.
Or could it be that lawyers had to get a degree to learn to screw people,
plumbers and mechanics come by it naturally. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Leon wrote:

Or could it be that lawyers had to get a degree to learn to screw
people, plumbers and mechanics come by it naturally. LOL

That's pretty damn funny :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
Robatoy wrote:

(Is this thread spiralling out of control?)

You'll have that.

All this lawyer-bashing is interesting. Talk about "group-think".
Plumbers probably rip off an awful lot of people... but are there any
plumber jokes? What about "why don't sharks eat auto mechanics?" I
know, has no flavor.

Perhaps it is the snooty arrogant attitude that most lawyers have.
Plumbers and mechanics are mostly normal all the time.
Or could it be that lawyers had to get a degree to learn to screw people,
plumbers and mechanics come by it naturally. LOL

Damn, Leon... that was a new keyboard...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .

All this lawyer-bashing is interesting. Talk about "group-think".
Plumbers probably rip off an awful lot of people... but are there any
plumber jokes? What about "why don't sharks eat auto mechanics?" I
know, has no flavor.

There was time when being a lawyer was considered an honorable
profession.

Yes, it used to be honorable. Which came first, the greedy lawyer or the
greedy injured party looking to make a big haul because they tripped on a
banana peel? Stub your toe, sue for $500,000 and give the lawyer 50%.
Something is wrong with or society that allows it to happen. It is the guy
advertising on TV that mostly give the bad name..

Posted to rec.woodworking
2006.2265.266

Default Hey it's jackassofalltrades the queer homooldfart!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Craig

In article .com, tom
wrote:

And the White House tries to pin this on Whittington! Incredible! Tom

Never been quail hunting, have you, Tom?

Kevin

Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Joe Barta (in ) said:

| It's interesting what we think and why we think it. Or maybe why we
| think we think it ;-)

Attorneys are trained to (and practice at) being able to argue any
point from either (complaint or defense) side convincingly.

There's a built-in occupational hazard there - in that the person
learns to de-value justice (in favor of /law/) and rationalize/justify
behaviors that the same person would never have considered had they
not become an attorney.

As far as I can tell, it takes a person with unusually strong
principles to practice law without falling into the "two-face" trap.
Regrettably, the 50% rule applies as much to lawyers as to any other
group.

It becomes a bit scary when one considers the number of lawyers
holding political office.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
clashctyrkr

when they said quayle hunting. it made wonder what danny boy did wrong.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Australopithecus scobis

Default OT - Cheney Cited For Breaking Law

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 02:26:25 -0600, Kevin Craig opined:

And the White House tries to pin this on Whittington! Incredible! Tom

Never been quail hunting, have you, Tom?

Looks like a situation requiring the word "and." Whittington screwed up,
AND Cheney screwed up. Still, the basic rules of firearm safety say that
you're responsible for your shot. "Know what you are shooting at, and
what's beyond."

Stuff happens. The most significant result of this mishap is the
outpouring of sympathy from Leno et al. "When people hear that he shot a
lawyer, the first thing they ask is, 'Why didn't you give him the other
barrel?'"

--
"Keep your ass behind you"
wreck20051219 at spambob.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Leon (in ) said:

| range when shooting. Just plain stupid and I am betting Cheney will
| never make that mistake again.

My bet is that Harry Whittington will choose his hunting partners more
carefully in the future.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Kevin wrote: Never been quail hunting, have you, Tom?
I'll admit it,
no, I've never been quail hunting. But here's what I understand: A line
is formed with the hunting party. Each hunter has a field of
opportunity, and this field does _not_ go afar from perpendicular to
the "party line"( no political joke here). If a flush occurs that isn't
in your window, it's not your bird. Seems pretty straighforward to me.
If Whittington was retrieving his bird, the party should have advanced
as a line to pass the downed bird. Communications must be established
as to the location of the retreiving hunter. If no answer, or in doubt,
_no_ shots are taken. How am I doing? Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

(Except for misspelling "straightforward", of course) Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS

One day a Jew, a Hindu, and a lawyer all arrived at their hotel to find
that there had been a mix-up with the bookings, and that there was only
one room left for them to share. The manager explained that this room
only had two beds, but that there was a barn at a neighbouring farm
which the farmer, an old friend of his, would let one of them sleep in
free of charge. They complained a bit, but since there was nowhere else
to go, the Jew graciously said he'd sleep in the barn.

The Hindu and the lawyer were just settling down to sleep in their room,
when there was a knock on the door. It was the Jew. "I'm sorry," he
said, "but there's a pig in that barn and because I'm Jewish I feel
uncomfortable about sharing the barn with it."

"No problem," said the Hindu. "I'll sleep out there instead." So off he
went to the barn, leaving the lawyer and the Jew to share the room. They
were just settling down to sleep, when there was a knock on the door. It
was the Hindu. "I'm sorry," he said, "but there's a cow in that barn and
because I'm a Hindu I feel uncomfortable about sharing the barn with
it."

The lawyer grudgingly agreed to give up his bed and stomped off to the
barn, leaving the Jew and the Hindu to share the room. The Jew and the
Hindu were just settling down to sleep, when here was a knock on the
door. It was the cow and the pig.

J T wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11340558/

Gotta love Texas, they've definitely got their priorities in order.
They cite Cheney for not having a bird hunting stamp, but don't say
anything about him shooting a lawyer. I guess that means you don't need
a stamp for hunting vermin.

JOAT
I'm busy now, can I ignore you some other time?

Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

JGS wrote:

[...]

Had to share this one...
mahalo,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking
sumdume

I would rather Hunt with Cheney than ride in a car with Ted Kennedy!

What a Jackass stunt! Cheney should not have taken shot behind him.

Pete

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

sumdume wrote:

I would rather Hunt with Cheney than ride in a car with Ted Kennedy!

I'd bet a night out partying with Uncle Ted might be fun ;-)

What a Jackass stunt! Cheney should not have taken shot behind him.

According to his interview today, the man shot was about 30 yds to
Cheney's right, in a bit of a gully and some brush. Add to that, the
setting sun was in that direction as well. Cheney claims he just
didn't expect his friend to be there and didn't see him until it was
too late.

I should mention that I'm not a hunter and I don't know a thing about
proper hunting procedure or safety.

Joe Barta

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Joe wrote: I should mention that I'm not a hunter and I don't know a
thing about
proper hunting procedure or safety.

It's mainly just common sense, such as "know your target and
background". To Cheney's credit, he did accept his responsibility for
the accident. Now, back to the real issues! Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Craig

In article . com, tom
wrote:

Kevin wrote: Never been quail hunting, have you, Tom?
I'll admit it,
no, I've never been quail hunting. But here's what I understand: A line
is formed with the hunting party. Each hunter has a field of
opportunity, and this field does _not_ go afar from perpendicular to
the "party line"( no political joke here). If a flush occurs that isn't
in your window, it's not your bird. Seems pretty straighforward to me.
If Whittington was retrieving his bird, the party should have advanced
as a line to pass the downed bird. Communications must be established
as to the location of the retreiving hunter. If no answer, or in doubt,
_no_ shots are taken. How am I doing? Tom

You've got the procedure right, except for one thing: if *any*one is
coming on line with the shooters, it's his responsibility to warn them
of the approach.

In brushy cover, towards a setting sun, swinging to your strong side
(meaning vision obscured by the shotgun), it would be very easy to
sweep someone who appeared unannounced.

Kevin
Posted to rec.woodworking
gary in virginia

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
sumdume wrote:

snip

I should mention that I'm not a hunter and I don't know a thing about
proper hunting procedure or safety.

Joe Barta

Any sportsman who is qualified to possess a weapon knows the 4 rules of gun
handling:
1. Always treat a gun as if it is loaded.

2. Never point it at anything you wouldn't want to shoot.

3. Never put your finger on the trigger until you're sure of your target.

4. And always check in front of, to either side, and down range from your
target before you pull the trigger.

Seems vice-king Cheney violated three out of four of those rules.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 2/15/2006 11:00 PM Joe Barta mumbled something about the following:
sumdume wrote:

I would rather Hunt with Cheney than ride in a car with Ted Kennedy!

I'd bet a night out partying with Uncle Ted might be fun ;-)

What a Jackass stunt! Cheney should not have taken shot behind him.

According to his interview today, the man shot was about 30 yds to
Cheney's right, in a bit of a gully and some brush. Add to that, the
setting sun was in that direction as well. Cheney claims he just
didn't expect his friend to be there and didn't see him until it was
too late.

I should mention that I'm not a hunter and I don't know a thing about
proper hunting procedure or safety.

How could Cheney not know he was in that direction? He had gone out for
a kill, Cheney and others had gone off after another covey and flushed
it. I'm sorry, but when hunting in a group, you ALWAYS know what
direction the rest of the members in the group are.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Kevin wrote: snipIn brushy cover, towards a setting sun, swinging to
your strong side
(meaning vision obscured by the shotgun)snip

I don't
understand how your vision could be obscured, and still you'd take the
shot. Is it the heat of the moment? Tom