Posted to rec.woodworking
2006.2265.266

Default Hey it's jackassofalltrades the queer homooldfart!

"J T" wrote in message
Wed, Feb 15, 2006, 1:53pm (EST-1) (Morris Dovey) now
admits:
I think I've already used up my lifetime quota of near misses - and I've
been shot _at_ twice while hunting. Thanks anyway.

We didn't know you're a lawyer.

JOAT
I'm busy now, can I ignore you some other time?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default OT - Cheyey Cited For Breaking Law

"Odinn" wrote in message
On 2/15/2006 11:00 PM Joe Barta mumbled something about the following:
sumdume wrote:

I would rather Hunt with Cheney than ride in a car with Ted Kennedy!

I'd bet a night out partying with Uncle Ted might be fun ;-)

What a Jackass stunt! Cheney should not have taken shot behind him.

According to his interview today, the man shot was about 30 yds to
Cheney's right, in a bit of a gully and some brush. Add to that, the
setting sun was in that direction as well. Cheney claims he just didn't
expect his friend to be there and didn't see him until it was too late.

I should mention that I'm not a hunter and I don't know a thing about
proper hunting procedure or safety.

How could Cheney not know he was in that direction? He had gone out for a
kill, Cheney and others had gone off after another covey and flushed it.
I'm sorry, but when hunting in a group, you ALWAYS know what direction the
rest of the members in the group are.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

sumdume wrote:

I would rather Hunt with Cheney than ride in a car with Ted Kennedy!

I'd bet a night out partying with Uncle Ted might be fun ;-)

What a Jackass stunt! Cheney should not have taken shot behind him.

According to his interview today, the man shot was about 30 yds to
Cheney's right, in a bit of a gully and some brush. Add to that, the
setting sun was in that direction as well. Cheney claims he just didn't
expect his friend to be there and didn't see him until it was too late.

I should mention that I'm not a hunter and I don't know a thing about
proper hunting procedure or safety.

How could Cheney not know he was in that direction? He had gone out for a
kill, Cheney and others had gone off after another covey and flushed it.
I'm sorry, but when hunting in a group, you ALWAYS know what direction the
rest of the members in the group are.

Misfunctioning mouse. Sorry about the blanks.

I found a wonderful solution to hunting accidents. I stay in the house
during hunting seasons, or in my yard (not always safe, since there are
pastures and woods all around).

Every year, someone gets nailed, usually a lot worse than Whittington,
around here, even since the hunters shut up and let a blaze orange law
scrape by a few years ago. It has dropped off with the bright colors, but
the accidents still happen.

Cheney and Whittington were both lucky it was no worse, regardless of who
was at fault. Even 28 gauge pellets can be rough if enough of them strike in
the right place (as Mr. Whittington's heart attack shows). An inch or two to
the right and he'd be minus at least an eye.

This is not a political incident, so I don't get the blathering.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

sumdume wrote:

[...]

I wasn't trying to make it a political incident, merely pointing out
that Cheney should have known the direction Whittington was in and not
shot in that direction, even tho Whittington apparently didn't announce
himself (not so sure about this, since he was still a good distance away
and in a gully). I've been hunting all my life, and I RARELY go hunting
with others because of the lack of attention most people have. The few
people I do go hunting with are my cousins, whom I've been hunting with
all my life (unless they are drinking, then we don't go hunting, which
is very seldom, as they take their hunting seriously as well). I didn't
even trust my son until after he spent some time in the Marines. He's a
much more attentive person while hunting now.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

wrote:
Enoch Root wrote:

wrote:

Doug Payne wrote:

On 15/02/2006 2:53 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:

WD (in
) said:

| Would you be his drinking and hunting partner?

ROFLMAO

I think I've already used up my lifetime quota of near misses - and
I've been shot _at_ twice while hunting. Thanks anyway.

Yeah, me too. There ain't nothin' like the sound of a 30-06 round
hitting a tree next to your head. And then there was the guy who once
shot the sh*t out of my decoys. You never saw so much styrofoam carnage
in your life. When I was a kid, someone shot a palomino horse just down
the road from our place; claimed he thought it was a moose. Some of the
locals started painting "COW" and "HORSE" on their animals during
hunting season.

A farmer up in Michigan did that using yellow paint. He even
painted "DOG" on his dog. Someone shot his tractor. It had
"DEERE" painted on it.

That's too funny. Ergo, can't be true (hahah). Very much like this story:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/mishaps/hunters.asp

I orginally read the story in the Cleveland Plain Dealer which included
picture of his dog, with "DOG" painted on his side. They did not
include
any pictures of the alleged bullet hole in his tractor.

Snopes has an "ostension" category wherein an individual acts out some
of the details of the legend...

Not saying you're wrong, just that there's a lot of ground for
interpretation.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Odinn" wrote in message

How could Cheney not know he was in that direction? He had gone out for
a kill, Cheney and others had gone off after another covey and flushed
it. I'm sorry, but when hunting in a group, you ALWAYS know what
direction the rest of the members in the group are.

Right. That is why there has never been a hunting accident before.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 2/17/2006 6:11 PM Edwin Pawlowski mumbled something about the following:
"Odinn" wrote in message

How could Cheney not know he was in that direction? He had gone out for
a kill, Cheney and others had gone off after another covey and flushed
it. I'm sorry, but when hunting in a group, you ALWAYS know what
direction the rest of the members in the group are.

Right. That is why there has never been a hunting accident before.

Most hunting accidents I've heard or known about were because of people
not paying attention because they were newbies or drunk. In this case,
I believe it is the former, but it could have been the latter.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.conspiracy

Note followups.

"Odinn" wrote in message

How could Cheney not know he was in that direction? He had gone out for
a kill, Cheney and others had gone off after another covey and flushed
it. I'm sorry, but when hunting in a group, you ALWAYS know what
direction the rest of the members in the group are.

Right. That is why there has never been a hunting accident before.

Most hunting accidents I've heard or known about were because of people
not paying attention because they were newbies or drunk. In this case,
I believe it is the former, but it could have been the latter.

Two weeks ago, in papers filed in preparation for the LIbby trial, it
was
revealed that libby claimed under oath that he was instructed by his
superiors to release classified information to reporters. AFAIK, Libby
only had two superiors, the Vice President and the President. The
VP doe s not have authorization to declassify material that was
classified by the CIA. Shooting his freind pused that story out of
the news. Almost makes you wonder if he did it on purpose, sort
of like 'leaking' pictures of Saddam Hussein in his underwear to push
the Dilawar and Habbibullah story out of the news.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Craig

In article .com, tom
wrote:

I don't
understand how your vision could be obscured, and still you'd take the
shot. Is it the heat of the moment? Tom

No, it's the nature of shooting birds on the wing.

All the pontificating others have done about the rules of gun safety,
including "know what's behind your target and beyond it", is sound
advice when hunting big game with a rifle. With a rifle, the bullet can
be deadly out to a couple of miles; with birdshot, as we've seen, 30
yards is unpleasant but imminently survivable.

With big game, standing still or moving slowly at 75-300 yards, you
position your rifle within a degree or two before even beginning to
aim, much less take the rifle off safety; with birds, hunters have a
shooting lane that covers up to a 120 degree arc, and ranges from 5-35
yards.

With big game, hunters stalk for hours of even days, and usually have
the target in sight for several minutes while preparing for the shot;
with birds, there is usually a second or less from flush to fire, and
within two seconds they're completely out of range.

Before the Cheney accident, a poll was taken of ~850 South Dakota bird
hunters. IIRC, 468, or 55%, reported having been peppered with shot
while hunting. It's not pleasant, but it's almost never deadly.

Like Nahm says, "There's no more important safety rule than to wear
these, your safety glasses."

Too few people wear safety glasses, either in the wood shop or while
shooting.

Kevin
Posted to rec.woodworking
Henry St.Pierre

JGS wrote in :

One day a Jew, a Hindu, and a lawyer all arrived at their hotel to find
that there had been a mix-up with the bookings, and that there was only
one room left for them to share. The manager explained that this room
only had two beds, but that there was a barn at a neighbouring farm
which the farmer, an old friend of his, would let one of them sleep in
free of charge. They complained a bit, but since there was nowhere else
to go, the Jew graciously said he'd sleep in the barn.

The Hindu and the lawyer were just settling down to sleep in their room,
when there was a knock on the door. It was the Jew. "I'm sorry," he
said, "but there's a pig in that barn and because I'm Jewish I feel
uncomfortable about sharing the barn with it."

"No problem," said the Hindu. "I'll sleep out there instead." So off he
went to the barn, leaving the lawyer and the Jew to share the room. They
were just settling down to sleep, when there was a knock on the door. It
was the Hindu. "I'm sorry," he said, "but there's a cow in that barn and
because I'm a Hindu I feel uncomfortable about sharing the barn with
it."

The lawyer grudgingly agreed to give up his bed and stomped off to the
barn, leaving the Jew and the Hindu to share the room. The Jew and the
Hindu were just settling down to sleep, when here was a knock on the
door. It was the cow and the pig.

I heard that Vice President Cheney telephoned President Clinton the other
day. It sorta went like this:
"Bill, Dick Cheney. How about going quail hunting this weekend? And bring
the wife."