Posted to rec.woodworking
Sweet Sawdust

Default Grizzly Table Saw

Have 2 1023z's one 3 years old and one 2 years old. One right tilt and one
left tilt. The right tilt had major switch problems, that Grizzly fixed no
problem the left no problems. Only things I don't like about them is the
inserts are not real good but homemade one solved the problem. They both
work in small production shop.
"Evon Barvinchack" wrote in message
link.net...
Anybody own one and what do you think?

----

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave

"Sweet Sawdust" wrote in message
Have 2 1023z's one 3 years old and one 2 years old. One right tilt and
one
left tilt. The right tilt had major switch problems, that Grizzly fixed no
problem the left no problems. Only things I don't like about them is the
inserts are not real good but homemade one solved the problem. They both
work in small production shop.
"Evon Barvinchack" wrote in message
link.net...
Anybody own one and what do you think?

I have the G0444Z with the 2 extra long extension wings, the G0555 bandsaw
(a real jewel) with 6" extension kit, and a wood lathe.
I have no complaints about Grizzly quality or service. Will be buying from
them again in the near future. If you have a chance I would drive to
Grizzly's show room and pickup myself. Shipping is pricy. I drove 300 miles
to Springfield Missouri to get my stuff. It's a real experience to visit
one of their showrooms.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Dave" wrote in message

[...]

One caveat about visiting one of their showrooms. You may not be able to
fit everything into your truck! DAMHIKT.

The guy loading me up said that this is a common problem.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

[...]

Lee you are so right!
I have a SUV and my wife was crunched next to the door with the boxes
resting on the dash and myself also being squeezed in. I must say the 300
mile drive was a bit uncomfortable.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Dave" wrote in message

[...]

I had a pickup load the was far heavier than the suspension was designed
for. I could literally lift up the front end of the truck. If I hit a bump,
the front end lifted off the ground. I took it slow and easy around
corners.

Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

If you have a chance I would drive to Grizzly's show room and pickup
myself. Shipping is pricy. I drove 300 miles to Springfield Missouri to
get my stuff. It's a real experience to visit one of their showrooms.

I'll say! It is the ultimate candy store. Beyond the looking, they had
good folks on the floor when we were there. The fellow that 'adoped' us was
a retired oil company executive who was also a pretty avid woodworker. He
worked part-time in their training/demo room and built displays on the side.
He demonstrated a 1023S that had been in the backshop for a couple of years
before he even showed us the new equipment. Really nice to talk with
competent, experienced sales people who know the craft. You don't even get
that lucky in a tool store or Woodcraft these days.

RonB