Posted to rec.woodworking
AL

Default Monster sawhorses on ebay (Atlanta)

Anyone in Atlanta need some super duper sawhorses?

Check this out:

Freightquote wants $700 to ship them to me so it wouldn't be worthwhile.
But if you live within driving distance, this might be a good deal.

I'm not affiliated with the seller. I stumbled across the listing while
searching for something else.

Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

AL wrote:
Anyone in Atlanta need some super duper sawhorses?

I've seen some similar units used to roll biz jets and King Airs around
maintenance hangars. Impressive!
Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

"AL" wrote:

Anyone in Atlanta need some super duper sawhorses?

Check this out:

Freightquote wants $700 to ship them to me so it wouldn't be worthwhile.
But if you live within driving distance, this might be a good deal.

I'm not affiliated with the seller. I stumbled across the listing while
searching for something else.

Are you under the impression that all of Georgia is Atlanta? g I
live in metro Atlanta (NW side) and the freight calculator comes up
with $372 to get to me! I'm tempted to look up a Macon zip code to see
how much it gets for strictly local delivery.
Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 02:24:38 -0600, "AL" wrote:

Anyone in Atlanta need some super duper sawhorses?

Check this out:

Freightquote wants $700 to ship them to me so it wouldn't be worthwhile.
But if you live within driving distance, this might be a good deal.

I'm not affiliated with the seller. I stumbled across the listing while
searching for something else.

Gee... only $1,052.16 to ship a set to Central California.. lol

probably cost more than that to drive back and pick 'em up, so I guess my shop
will have to get by without them..

would have made a really nice stand for the Jet min, though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking
Brooks Moses

AL wrote:
Anyone in Atlanta need some super duper sawhorses?

Check this out:

Freightquote wants $700 to ship them to me so it wouldn't be worthwhile.
But if you live within driving distance, this might be a good deal.

Good grief! What are you thinking of putting on those to saw, a whole tree?

(For those not following the link: these are boat stands --
superficially like sawhorses, except the top is a six-foot long piece of
8-inch I-beam with a wooden curved cradle on it, and they've got four
heavy-duty casters on the bottom and also four load-leveling screw
jacks, and the seller says they're good for at least three tons each.
They look like some sort of military surplus, judging from the paint.)

- Brooks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 23:06:22 -0800, Brooks Moses
wrote:

Good grief! What are you thinking of putting on those to saw, a whole tree?

If I was closer to Georgia I'd love those - they'd be ideal for timber
framing.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 2/3/2006 3:24 AM AL mumbled something about the following:
Anyone in Atlanta need some super duper sawhorses?

Check this out:

Freightquote wants $700 to ship them to me so it wouldn't be worthwhile.
But if you live within driving distance, this might be a good deal.

I'm not affiliated with the seller. I stumbled across the listing while
searching for something else.

Umm, Macon isn't Atlanta. It's 50 miles for me to get to downtown
Atlanta, it's 100 miles for me to get to Macon, and the closest I come
to Atlanta to get to Macon is 30 miles from Atlanta.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 2/4/2006 2:06 AM Brooks Moses mumbled something about the following:
AL wrote:
Anyone in Atlanta need some super duper sawhorses?

Check this out:

Freightquote wants $700 to ship them to me so it wouldn't be
worthwhile. But if you live within driving distance, this might be a
good deal.

Good grief! What are you thinking of putting on those to saw, a whole
tree?

(For those not following the link: these are boat stands --
superficially like sawhorses, except the top is a six-foot long piece of
8-inch I-beam with a wooden curved cradle on it, and they've got four
heavy-duty casters on the bottom and also four load-leveling screw
jacks, and the seller says they're good for at least three tons each.
They look like some sort of military surplus, judging from the paint.)

Looks like Army drab green for their assault boats. Definitely not Navy
haze grey.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply

GFCI still tripping fredinstl Home Repair 6 April 9th 05 06:56 PM
EBay hack Don Foreman Metalworking 59 March 23rd 05 02:32 AM
WARNING ! New ebay email scam ! Or should I say newest version of an old one Puff Griffis Woodturning 0 February 8th 04 02:22 AM
eBay Scam Marv Soloff Metalworking 5 December 31st 03 01:16 PM