Posted to rec.woodworking
mark

Default 4 1/2" circular saw blades / 5/8" arbor

Does anyone make a blade close to 4 1/2" with a 5/8" arbor hole? I have
a small ceramic saw and would like to use it to cut would as well.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Javier Henderson

mark wrote:
Does anyone make a blade close to 4 1/2" with a 5/8" arbor hole? I have
a small ceramic saw and would like to use it to cut would as well.

Porter Cable has a 4.5" 5/8" blade for their 0314 trim saw. About $10 at
Amazon.

-jav
Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"mark" wrote in message
Does anyone make a blade close to 4 1/2" with a 5/8" arbor hole? I have
a small ceramic saw and would like to use it to cut would as well.

Keep in mind, the small ceramic saws (mines a Makita 4 3/8) runs at 11,000
RPM.
Wood saws run around 4000-5000 RPM. Choose blades carefully.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brooks Moses

Teamcasa wrote:
"mark" wrote in message
Does anyone make a blade close to 4 1/2" with a 5/8" arbor hole? I have
a small ceramic saw and would like to use it to cut would as well.

Keep in mind, the small ceramic saws (mines a Makita 4 3/8) runs at 11,000
RPM.
Wood saws run around 4000-5000 RPM. Choose blades carefully.

Are you referring to a 10" wood saw? The wood cares about how fast the
teeth are moving in feet per second (i.e., the tip speed), not how fast
the blade is spinning in RPM. And the tip speed on a 4.5" blade at
11,000 RPM is nearly the same as that of a 10" blade moving at 5000 RPM....

- Brooks