Posted to rec.woodworking
Pawel

Default thanks to everybody, here is my first shelf .. surely not last

Thanks guys for all the advice and encouragement. Here is my first finished
product.
It was fun to learn and experiment, it was supposed to have bent
semicircular edge so it was
quite a project to change the design when it was half done but my oak would
not bend.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._bookshelf.jpg

Now the only question is what to attempt next. life is good.

pawel

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Pawel wrote:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._bookshelf.jpg

Wonderful idea for a jog in the wall. FWIW, when I see it, I think
curved, not segmented... thinner edges... no mid-shelf supports... and
contiguous curved base moulding.

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Pawel wrote:

but my oak
would not bend.

Hint - thin pieces laminated.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 22:47:11 -0500, "Pawel"
wrote:

Thanks guys for all the advice and encouragement. Here is my first finished
product.

Looks good. I'm in the middle of building tons and tons of shelving
units at the moment, the wife decided that she couldn't find anything
she really liked, or that fit the various books/CDs/DVDs she had, so
I'm building a good half-dozen fixed-shelf units for her, each
specifically sized for whatever she wants. I've got two done and one
out in the shop laid out, but not cut yet.

Shelf strength & thickness for 4ft adjustable bookcase span blueman Woodworking 40 July 16th 05 12:28 AM
This Old Shelf? Tom Watson Woodworking 4 May 2nd 05 04:09 AM
my first builtin shelf... Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 4 March 1st 05 03:06 PM
The Shelf that Rearranged a Workshop - Long. Groggy Woodworking 18 January 5th 05 05:59 AM
Neanderthal-style Shelf Installation (long) Patrick Olguin Woodworking 11 April 5th 04 03:39 AM