DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   thanks to everybody, here is my first shelf .. surely not last (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/142374-thanks-everybody-here-my-first-shelf-surely-not-last.html)

Pawel January 29th 06 03:47 AM

thanks to everybody, here is my first shelf .. surely not last

Thanks guys for all the advice and encouragement. Here is my first finished
product.
It was fun to learn and experiment, it was supposed to have bent
semicircular edge so it was
quite a project to change the design when it was half done but my oak would
not bend.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._bookshelf.jpg

Now the only question is what to attempt next. life is good.

pawel

Joe Barta January 29th 06 05:26 AM

Pawel wrote:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._bookshelf.jpg

Wonderful idea for a jog in the wall. FWIW, when I see it, I think
curved, not segmented... thinner edges... no mid-shelf supports... and
contiguous curved base moulding.

Joe Barta

dadiOH January 29th 06 01:48 PM

thanks to everybody, here is my first shelf .. surely not last

Pawel wrote:

but my oak
would not bend.

Hint - thin pieces laminated.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Brian Henderson January 29th 06 11:19 PM

thanks to everybody, here is my first shelf .. surely not last

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 22:47:11 -0500, "Pawel"
wrote:

Thanks guys for all the advice and encouragement. Here is my first finished
product.

Looks good. I'm in the middle of building tons and tons of shelving
units at the moment, the wife decided that she couldn't find anything
she really liked, or that fit the various books/CDs/DVDs she had, so
I'm building a good half-dozen fixed-shelf units for her, each
specifically sized for whatever she wants. I've got two done and one
out in the shop laid out, but not cut yet.