Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick Samuel

Default Dovetail jig follow up: Frank K

Thanks again everyone for the information.
Does the PC jig use proprietary dovetail cutter? I couldn't find a match
to their 17/32(?) dia.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank K.

Rick,

Whiteside makes one. I just bought two from
www.hartvilletool.com . Their number is RD7531. They are on
sale this month (Jan) for $15.25. Whiteside doesn't make the
11/32 at this time. I asked them in an email and this is the
reply I got.

"Frank, thanks for your message.

We do have two bits for the PC 4212 Dovetail Jig. They are
D7-531 (#
43776PC) which is a 17/32", 7 deg., 1/2" shank dovetail bit.
The straight
that we made for this jig is a 1064A (# 43743PC) and is a
13/32 cut
diameter..... These are the two bits that we have produced
for that jig.

We know there are others and we hope to be producing them as
we learn about
the jigs. It is a pleasure to make and provide quality made
in the USA
cutting tools to go with the jigs that are in the market."

I emailed back asking the about the 13/32 versus the 11/32
that the jig calls for, but haven't received a reply. I will
post to the group when I hear from them.

Frank