Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Help Re staining door panel

Hi,
I built some kitchen cabinets for one of my apartments, well, it took
me about a year and i did it in 2 stages. it had been so long from
stage 1 to stage 2 I have stained the doors on the cabinets of stage 2
too dark and it does't match stage 1. My options I guess would either
remove the panels from the stage 2 doors and insert new panels with
the correct stain or buy some stain/varnish and recoat stage 1
doorpanels. How can I safely remove the panels on the doors so I can
replace them?
All help appreciated.
Mike
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote in message
Hi,
I built some kitchen cabinets for one of my apartments, well, it took
me about a year and i did it in 2 stages. it had been so long from
stage 1 to stage 2 I have stained the doors on the cabinets of stage 2
too dark and it does't match stage 1. My options I guess would either
remove the panels from the stage 2 doors and insert new panels with
the correct stain or buy some stain/varnish and recoat stage 1
doorpanels. How can I safely remove the panels on the doors so I can
replace them?
All help appreciated.
Mike

Depending on how you assembled the doors removing the panel might be a tough
trick with out permanently screwing up the look of the back of the door. I
would probably sand down all the doors and restain all at the same time.
Consider using a gel stain so that the color comes out more consistent.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you. I'm not too bothered about the inside of the door more so
the look from the outside, it's a rental apartment. I do need advice
on how to remove the flat panel with the router.
Thanks,
mikeOn Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:27:28 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

.. .

Staining Charles Middleton UK diy 4 January 10th 06 01:23 AM
Maple not staining evenly Mike Reed Woodworking 11 November 2nd 05 05:37 AM
Mildew? staining of SYP alexy Woodworking 2 March 2nd 05 10:37 PM
staining Pine Mook Johnson Woodworking 5 February 14th 05 06:26 PM
staining hardwoods Mark Woodworking 3 December 29th 04 01:23 PM