Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

Default Anyone with a bed Tray Plan?

My wife is gfoing in for a Knee Operation and i want to build her a Bed
Tray so she can put her lap top on it. Can't seem to find anything on a
google search

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
My wife is gfoing in for a Knee Operation and i want to build her a Bed
Tray so she can put her lap top on it. Can't seem to find anything on a
google search

Wouldn't this be simple enough to simply build? Sit in your bed with the
covers on and measure the height you think you'd like, and then let your
imagination run wild with the flat surface that the food sits on.

Of course something like this *must* be made out cherry, sprayed with a nice
latex paint.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking
N Hurst

From what I remember from designs in the hospitals I've seen, the main
important design element is to make sure that the casters are directly
below the tray, to prevent the thing from tipping over.

-Nathan

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Berger

It's not clear if he was looking for a bed tray that sits on
the bed (just a platform with two sides) or the wheeled kind
that overhangs the bed.

N Hurst wrote:
From what I remember from designs in the hospitals I've seen, the main

important design element is to make sure that the casters are directly
below the tray, to prevent the thing from tipping over.

-Nathan

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Bud

bdeditch wrote:
My wife is gfoing in for a Knee Operation and i want to build her a Bed
Tray so she can put her lap top on it. Can't seem to find anything on a
google search

I swear to God, when I first read the subject line I was thinking "bed
pan" instead of "bed tray plan". My mind merged the last word!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael E. Kempke

I would just decide what size you needed to hold the laptop then build it as
a "breakfast in bed tray"

What type of knee operation? unless its a really big one she won't be
spending more than a day or so in bed. usually people are up and around
pretty quickly and she may be sitting on the couch alot sooner tan you
think!

Mike
oups.com...