Posted to rec.woodworking
lance

Default Grizzly Tools on Amazon

Is it just me or can everyone not find any Grizzly tools (specifically
the g1023sl) on Amazon.com? I found 2, and they were each priced at
$5,000,000.00. That's no typo on my part, they were each showing 5
million. There has to be something up. I was looking because they are
having a deal until near the end of the month where you get $150 off
any power tool over $750. Seemed like a good time to make the
purchase, and now I can't find it!

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

lance wrote:
Is it just me or can everyone not find any Grizzly tools (specifically
the g1023sl) on Amazon.com? I found 2, and they were each priced at
$5,000,000.00. That's no typo on my part, they were each showing 5
million. There has to be something up. I was looking because they are
having a deal until near the end of the month where you get $150 off
any power tool over $750. Seemed like a good time to make the
purchase, and now I can't find it!

Give 1-800-201-7575 a call to report it.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

lance wrote:
Is it just me or can everyone not find any Grizzly tools (specifically
the g1023sl) on Amazon.com? I found 2, and they were each priced at
$5,000,000.00. That's no typo on my part, they were each showing 5
million. There has to be something up. I was looking because they are
having a deal until near the end of the month where you get $150 off
any power tool over $750. Seemed like a good time to make the
purchase, and now I can't find it!

"Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com January 25 to 29, 2006.
Does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants or
through third-party areas such as Amazon.com Marketplace, Auctions, or
zShops."

Grizzly is a third-party merchant. If you want to switch to a comparable
Delta, Jet, or Powermatic you can get the $150 discount, but the discount
still puts them at a higher price than the Grizzly.
Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning

Grizzly is a third-party merchant. If you want to switch to a comparable
Delta, Jet, or Powermatic you can get the $150 discount, but the discount
still puts them at a higher price than the Grizzly.

When I saw the promotion, I immediately went to the grizzly stuff on
amazon thinking it too good to be true. As it turns out, it was. :-)
I compared the dj-20 to the new parallelogram dj-20 copy at griz. Even
with the discounts and free shipping, the griz was still a better deal
with shipping. If you ask me, that's disgusting. Makes me wonder what
delta's markup is on these machines now that they're all made in china.
They off-shored everything to "remain competative" but I don't see
their prices dropping any. Maybe now the delta kit will come down
because of grizzly. I doubt it though.

I ended up with the 31-300 belt/disk sander because with the discounts,
it was a better deal than the griz equivalent believe it or not. I'm
also sort of long-term in the market for the delta 12" turret radial
arm saw. That would have been a good deal this time around since griz
doesn't make a RAS.

I also tried to work out a way to get a sliding compound miter saw.
Unfortunately neither delta nor porter cable (that was a rule on one of
my coupons) have a 12" SCMS. They have 10 inchers, but their 12s are
not sliders. I passed this time. I really want the bosch or the
makita.

A new jointer is #1 on my list at the moment, but I couldn't make that
work either unless it was a 6" model. I'm really after the new 10"
from griz.

So since I don't have any sanding machines at all, I opted for the
31-300. Everyone says it's indespensisble. And I'm already looking
foward to sanding dovetailed drawers with it.

If you're in the market for a drill press, I bet you could make it a
better deal than griz.

brian

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

I also tried to work out a way to get a sliding compound miter saw.
Unfortunately neither delta nor porter cable (that was a rule on one of
my coupons) have a 12" SCMS. They have 10 inchers, but their 12s are
not sliders. I passed this time. I really want the bosch or the
makita.

What are these coupons?

Posted to rec.woodworking
chuck

Regardless, Amazon's discount only applies to purchases FROM Amazon, not
THROUGH Amazon, as would be the case with the purchase of a Grizzly tool.

lance wrote:
Is it just me or can everyone not find any Grizzly tools (specifically
the g1023sl) on Amazon.com? I found 2, and they were each priced at
$5,000,000.00. That's no typo on my part, they were each showing 5
million. There has to be something up. I was looking because they are
having a deal until near the end of the month where you get $150 off
any power tool over $750. Seemed like a good time to make the
purchase, and now I can't find it!

Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning

There's the current one on the website. But amazon mailed out a
catalog a week or two ago with codes on the back by the address label.
It was good for and additional $100 off any delta or porter cable tool.
There was also a coupon code for free shipping (the good 3-5 day
shipping not the normal free shipping). Amazon said the normal
shipping would be something like $180. I ended up with $50 off for the
sale you can see on amazon, and another $100 from the code that was on
the catalog I got. So it went from $749 to $599 with free shipping.

I really thought about one of the large porter cable compressors also.
I have plans for hvlp and sand blasting. But I think I would have used
the sander more for now.

If you head over to woodnet, there's a huge thread on this right now.
There are also people handing out their one-use codes from their
catalogs if they don't plan to use them. You might be able to snag one
from someone.

brian

Posted to rec.woodworking
george

"Mike Berger" wrote in message
$ 150 off $ 5,000,000 is hardly worth writing home about.

Perhaps, but your savings are a bit more significant on the new
Unisaw/Toaster/Steam-Iron combo tool. Sorry, no VBG on this...I'd rather
the brand died than have this happen to them. If General had better US
distribution, they could clean up now...

lance wrote:
Is it just me or can everyone not find any Grizzly tools (specifically
the g1023sl) on Amazon.com? I found 2, and they were each priced at
$5,000,000.00. That's no typo on my part, they were each showing 5
million. There has to be something up. I was looking because they are
having a deal until near the end of the month where you get $150 off
any power tool over $750. Seemed like a good time to make the
purchase, and now I can't find it!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Saudade

lance wrote:
Is it just me or can everyone not find any Grizzly tools (specifically
the g1023sl) on Amazon.com? I found 2, and they were each priced at
$5,000,000.00. That's no typo on my part, they were each showing 5
million. There has to be something up. I was looking because they
are having a deal until near the end of the month where you get $150
off any power tool over $750. Seemed like a good time to make the
purchase, and now I can't find it!

Must be you.

http://tinyurl.com/cueu5 $950.00 (not $5,000,000)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

"Saudade" writes:

lance wrote:
Is it just me or can everyone not find any Grizzly tools (specifically
the g1023sl) on Amazon.com? I found 2, and they were each priced at
$5,000,000.00. That's no typo on my part, they were each showing 5
million. There has to be something up. I was looking because they
are having a deal until near the end of the month where you get $150
off any power tool over $750. Seemed like a good time to make the
purchase, and now I can't find it!

Must be you.

http://tinyurl.com/cueu5 $950.00 (not $5,000,000)

Grizzly pulled their tools from Amazon temporarily due to some sort of
computer system problems.

Why would anyone buy Grizzly through Amazon anyhow? None of the Amazon
discounts ever apply to Grizzly tools.

Brian Elfert
Posted to rec.woodworking
mikehawk

Until someone pointed it out, I wasn't aware the discount didn't apply
to the Grizzly tools...thus my post. I see that they are back up now
though. When I do order, I'll likely order through Grizzly. Does
anyone know of any option when ordering where they will help you unload
it too?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ralph E Lindberg

In article . com,
"mikehawk" wrote:

Until someone pointed it out, I wasn't aware the discount didn't apply
to the Grizzly tools...thus my post. I see that they are back up now
though. When I do order, I'll likely order through Grizzly. Does
anyone know of any option when ordering where they will help you unload
it too?

Generally, when the truck firm calls, you tell them you need a
lift-gate truck and help. They might laugh at the help.

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv