Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide

Default unisaw motors

I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen

Hello Mike,
I don't have an answer but a question;
Are you replacing an existing 1&1/2 hp motor or are you going from a
230v - 3hp to a 120v -1 &1/2 hp? Just curious.
Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler

Ba r r y wrote in
:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:21:49 -0500, "mike hide"
wrote:

I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

This is an excellent time to upgrade to 3 HP! G

I've actually found my best motor deals, get this... LOCALLY.

Check your local Yellow Pages under "Electric Motor". I've bought
machine motors, spa pump motors, etc... at very reasonable prices.

For CT residents, I've had excellent experience with a motor shop on
Hartford Turnpike in Wallingford, just south of the Oakdale Theatre.
I honestly can't remember the name of the place. He usually needs a
day or two to get the exact fit, but he usually tests the old motor to
see if he can simply replace starters or brushes, before selling me a
new motor. G

Grainger is another source, but the little local guy killed Grainger
prices, and Grainger won't test what you've got.

Barry

The best deals on motors I have found are done with a google search. I was
looking for a TEFC 2 HP for my pool and the local people wanted $160.00 to
over $200. Found it for $100 shipped.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Hoying

I just replaced a 2hp 3 phase with a 3hp 1phase on a Unisaw that I picked
up. I could not find a motor locally at a good price and bought one online
from Plaza Machinery, from Bethel, VT. He has quite a few parts for
woodworking and metalworking equipment. I wanted a motor with a good
reputation for being balanced and vibration free, so I went with a Baldor. I
know that there are cheaper brands that might work just fine, but I'm very
happy with the Baldor. I think I paid $375.00 shipped for it.
Joe's website is http://plazamachinery.com/

Jack Hoying
Fort Loramie, Ohio

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..
I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

Posted to rec.woodworking
George E. Cawthon

Jack Hoying wrote:
I just replaced a 2hp 3 phase with a 3hp 1phase on a Unisaw that I picked
up. I could not find a motor locally at a good price and bought one online
from Plaza Machinery, from Bethel, VT. He has quite a few parts for
woodworking and metalworking equipment. I wanted a motor with a good
reputation for being balanced and vibration free, so I went with a Baldor. I
know that there are cheaper brands that might work just fine, but I'm very
happy with the Baldor. I think I paid $375.00 shipped for it.
Joe's website is http://plazamachinery.com/

Jack Hoying
Fort Loramie, Ohio

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..

I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

Good Grief. The 1/4hp Baldor motor for my rock
polisher lists at $335 for a replacement. I'll
certainly check this place, if I ever need a
replacement.

Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide

"marc rosen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Mike,
I don't have an answer but a question;
Are you replacing an existing 1&1/2 hp motor or are you going from a
230v - 3hp to a 120v -1 &1/2 hp? Just curious.
Marc

just wanting to replace my .230volt 1 1/2 HP motor

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim & Sharon

it used to be called Accuwind but im not sure if they changed there name

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

wrote:

I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

I don't think you can buy a replacement 1-1/2 HP anywhere. I think
you can get three HP Marathons or Baldors from Woodworkers supply.

You can get a Delta Service motor and I think they are less or about
the same as WW supply. The last I heard, even though original
equipment on Unisaws is now WEG, there is still service stock of
Marathons. Doubt you can specify which but you might get the
Marathon. Go on the Deltawoodworking servicenet and look it up. I
just tried, but alas, I have forgotten my password. Must be old age.

Unfortunately, you just can't go to a motor supplier and get a
standard motor because of the special mount. Unless those old units
had a different mount, but I don't think so.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

wrote:

I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

I don't think you can buy a replacement 1-1/2 HP anywhere. I think
you can get three HP Marathons or Baldors from Woodworkers supply.

You can get a Delta Service motor and I think they are less or about
the same as WW supply. The last I heard, even though original
equipment on Unisaws is now WEG, there is still service stock of
Marathons. Doubt you can specify which but you might get the
Marathon. Go on the Deltawoodworking servicenet and look it up. I
just tried, but alas, I have forgotten my password. Must be old age.

Unfortunately, you just can't go to a motor supplier and get a
standard motor because of the special mount. Unless those old units
had a different mount, but I don't think so.

Don't know what kind of starter you have on the 1.5, but you may need
to get a low voltage starter. Gary Parks Industries. WW supply has
some aslo.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

wrote:

[...]

Excuse me that's Gary Parks Enterprises

Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..
I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply . The motor has a special mount
and no one offers a 1 1/2HP unit anymore seems the replacement is 3HP.
mjh

Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick M

"mike hide" wrote in message

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..
I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply . The motor has a special

mount
and no one offers a 1 1/2HP unit anymore seems the replacement is 3HP.
mjh

Mike,

Unless you no longer have the motor or it is physically wrecked, you might
consider having it rebuilt rather than replacing it ... especially if 1-1/2
HP is sufficient for your needs.

You didn't mention why you need to replace the old motor ... and I'm not
good at guessing!!!

Regards,

Rick

Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide

"Rick M" wrote in message

"mike hide" wrote in message

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..
I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply . The motor has a special

mount
and no one offers a 1 1/2HP unit anymore seems the replacement is 3HP.
mjh

Mike,

Unless you no longer have the motor or it is physically wrecked, you
might
consider having it rebuilt rather than replacing it ... especially if
1-1/2
HP is sufficient for your needs.

You didn't mention why you need to replace the old motor ... and I'm not
good at guessing!!!

Regards,

Rick

Sorry about that the spring loaded starter section disintegrated and tore
into the motor windings . On disassembly pieces of wire and aluminum pieces
were strewn on the inside of the case

Posted to rec.woodworking
skeezics

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:50:53 -0500, "mike hide"
wrote:

"Rick M" wrote in message
m...

"mike hide" wrote in message

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

how close are ya to N.C. and is this 3 ph or 1 ph? i have a 3 ph
unisaw motor that was running fine when i got the saw and put a new
baldor 3 hp 1 ph motor on it. i am not doing anything with the old
motor. it is a 1740 rpm motor and i also have the pulley for it. hp
unknown. prolly 1 or 2 hp. so mike or anyone else interested ping me.
we can talk .

skeez
Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber

Plaza Machinery or Ebay, which usually has a few of those
1.5hp motors pop up.

mike hide wrote:

just wanting to replace my .230volt 1 1/2 HP motor

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to mike hide, Jim wrote:
I need a 2&1/2 go in ground pool
Pump motor. Any idea of price
Square flange

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ors-73747-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jim m wrote in
:

replying to mike hide, Jim wrote:
I need a 2&1/2 go in ground pool
Pump motor. Any idea of price
Square flange

I'll do it for $3 Billion. But you have to agree to meet and use your
words to tell me what you actually want.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/8/2019 11:33 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Jim m wrote in
:

replying to mike hide, Jim wrote:
I need a 2&1/2 go in ground pool
Pump motor. Any idea of price
Square flange

I'll do it for $3 Billion. But you have to agree to meet and use your
words to tell me what you actually want.

Puckdropper

GMTA! I was tempted to just tell him it would cost more than $20 and
less than $500M. I thought that perhaps he would stop, think, and then
realize what an idiotic question he'd just asked.

Then again I'm wondering just how big the existing OEM motor is that he
can somehow fit a 2½ hp motor in the existing one.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 6:44:05 PM UTC-6, Jim wrote:
replying to mike hide, Jim wrote:
I need a 2&1/2 go in ground pool
Pump motor. Any idea of price
Square flange

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ors-73747-.htm

There are many different types and grades of motors , here are a few.
https://www.grainger.com/search?sear...p+pool +motor

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 19:02:05 -0600, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

GMTA! I was tempted to just tell him it would cost more than $20 and
less than $500M. I thought that perhaps he would stop, think, and then
realize what an idiotic question he'd just asked.

Then again I'm wondering just how big the existing OEM motor is that he
can somehow fit a 2½ hp motor in the existing one.

I read that too. You aren't the only one who is confused. Now there are at
least three confused people - the OP, you, and me.
--
Jerry O.