NSM

Default Repair data base

"VMI" wrote in message
Hi,
I'me looking for a (free or share ware) piece of sw so that I'me able to
record all repairs done.
A posibility to search for serial number, client name, brand, model, fault
etc...
Who knows if such a piece of sw excists?
I had a decent one, written for MS Access but I lost it some where.
All help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Any database. OpenOffice will do.

N Cook

"NSM" wrote in message news:cvMRd.1856$9a3.811@edtnps91...

"VMI" wrote in message
Hi,
I'me looking for a (free or share ware) piece of sw so that I'me able to
record all repairs done.
A posibility to search for serial number, client name, brand, model,

fault
etc...
Who knows if such a piece of sw excists?
I had a decent one, written for MS Access but I lost it some where.
All help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Any database. OpenOffice will do.

Would this be the book ?

Audel Small Electric Motors: Use, Selection, Repair, and Maintenance, 2nd
Edition
Rex Miller, Mark Richard Miller
ISBN: 0-02-584975-1
Hardcover
436 pages
April 1993
PART ONE-Introduction.

1. Motor Repair Tools.

Screwdrivers · Pliers · Hammers · Hacksaws · Wrenches · Other Tools · Meters
and Test Devices.

2. Motor Repair Supplies.

Setscrews · Carbon Brushes · Bushings and Bearings · Shaft Adapters · Rubber
Mounts · Fiber Washers · Rubber Grommets · Replacement Switches ·
Electrolytic Capacitors · Insulating Enamel · Cord · Motor Wiring for
Installation.

PART TWO-Fractional-Horsepower Motors (Basic Types).

3. Small DC and Universal Motors.

Shunt DC Motors · Compound Motors · Permanent-Magnet Motors · Series or
Universal Motors · The Hand Drill · Portable Saws · Repairing a Series
(Universal) Motor · Miscellaneous Information.

4. Split-Phase Motors.

Starting a Single-Phase Motor · Starting a Split-Phase Motor ·
Characteristics of the Split-Phase Motor · Dual Frequency Operation · Motor
Noise and Vibration.

5. Capacitor-Start Motors.

Starting a Capacitor-Start Motor · The Electrolytic Capacitor ·
Characteristics of the Electrolytic Capacitor · Characteristics of Capacitor
Motors · Reversing the Motor · Dual-Frequency Operation · Mechanical and
Electrical Noises.

6. Shaded-Pole Motors.

Starting the Shaded-Pole Motor · Types of Shaded-Pole Motors · Construction
of Shaded-Pole Motors · Performance of Shaded-Pole Motors · Applications of
Shaded-Pole Motors.

7. Three-Phase Motors.

Uses of Three-Phase Motors · How Three-Phase Motors Work · Torque · Motor
Ventilation · Motor Losses · Reversibility · Applications of Three-Phase
Motors.

8. Special Types of Motors.

Understanding the Nameplate · Troubles · Bearings · Three-Speed Motors ·
Instant-Reversing Motors · Severe-Duty Motors · Farm-Duty Motors · High-Slip
Motors · Explosion-Proof Motors · Metric Motor Ratings.

PART THREE-Maintenance and Repair.

9. General Maintenance.

General Troubleshooting Procedures · Maintenance of the Split-Phase Motor ·
Maintenance of Capacitor Motors · Electrolytic Capacitors · The Permanent
Split-Capacitor Motor · Maintenance of the Three-Phase Motor · Maintenance
of Brush-Type Motors.

10. Commutators and Brushes.

The Armature · Magnet-Wire Characteristics · Commutator Maintenance ·
Brushes.

11. Shafts and Bearings.

Motor Shafts · Selection of Bearings · Ball Bearings · Bearing Failure ·
Motor Problems Caused by Bearing Wear or Damage.

12. Switches and Relays.

Overload Protection · Internal (Line Break) Motor Protector · Relays for
Motor Control · Maintenance and Repair of Relays · Electronic Speed Control.

13. Armatures-Stripping and Rewinding.

Checking the Armature · Commutator Removal · Tests on the Commutator ·
Difficult Windings · Replacing the Commutator · Hand Winding, Coil Forming,
and Slot Wedging · Loop Method of Winding · Armature Banding · Testing the
Armature · Automated Armature Winding.

14. Stators-Stripping and Rewinding.

Stripping a Winding · Rewinding a Stator · Mold and Hand Winding · Automatic
Coil Winding.

PART FOUR-Modifications of Motors.

15. Modifying Motors.

Motor Modifications for Shafts · Speed Controls · Modifying AC Motors for
Speed Control · AC Motor Speed-Control Methods · Reversing Direction of
Rotation.

PART FIVE-Motor Selection and Replacement.

16. Motor Selection and Replacement.

Selection of Motor Type · Motor Mounting · Part-Winding Starting ·
Enclosures and Special Winding Treatment · Guide to Selecting the Right
Motor · Installation · Location and Motor Enclosures · Maintenance.

PART SIX-Electronically-Operated Motors.

17. Steppers and Synchronous Motors.

Shaded-Pole Unidirectional Synchronous Motors · Capacitor Start and Run
Bidirectional Synchronous Motor · Single-Phase Stepper Motor (Unipolar
Drive) · Single-Phase Stepper Motor (Bipolar Drive) · Two-Phase Stepper
Motor (Unipolar Drive) · Four-Phase Stepper Motor (Unipolar Drive) ·
Open-Frame Synchronous and Stepper Motors · Reversible Step Servo Motor ·
High-Torque Reversible AC Motor · 3-Wire Stepper Motor (Open Frame).

18. Motion Control.

Disc Magnet Stepper Terminology · Disc Magnet Steppers · Disc Magnet
Two-Phase Stepper Motor · PM Two- and Four-Phase Stepper Motors · Two- and
Four-Phase Linear Stepper Motors · Brushless DC Motors · Ironless Rotor DC
Motors.

PART SEVEN-Motor Terminology.

19. Motor Terminology.

NSM

"N Cook" wrote in message

Would this be the book ?

Audel Small Electric Motors: Use, Selection, Repair, and Maintenance, 2nd
Edition

Well, you're answering a different question, but yes. It's a well known
series in the USA. I don't know what you might find in the UK, perhaps
Newnes?