David Eisan

Default Baldor vs. Leeson, Unisaw replacment motors.

Afternoon All,

Time to rebuild one of my fleet of Unisaws and I am debating what motor to
put in it.

I have a 4hp Leeson (pn#120998) in one of my Uni's but this time I think I
will go with a 3hp Baldor (pn#WWLl3606).

One funny tidbit is that the 3hp Baldor weighs in at 74lbs and the 3hp
Leeson weighs in at 51lbs. Even the 4hp Leeson at 62lbs does not weigh as
much as the 3hp Baldor.

Does anyone know why one weighs so much more than the other?

Any general comments about Baldor vs. Leeson?

Has anyone used the Baldor Unisaw motor?

Thanks,

David.

Pounds on Wood

Aluminum windings? Just a guess.

--
********
Bill Pounds

"David Eisan" wrote in message
Afternoon All,

Time to rebuild one of my fleet of Unisaws and I am debating what motor to
put in it.

I have a 4hp Leeson (pn#120998) in one of my Uni's but this time I think I
will go with a 3hp Baldor (pn#WWLl3606).

One funny tidbit is that the 3hp Baldor weighs in at 74lbs and the 3hp
Leeson weighs in at 51lbs. Even the 4hp Leeson at 62lbs does not weigh as
much as the 3hp Baldor.

Does anyone know why one weighs so much more than the other?

Any general comments about Baldor vs. Leeson?

Has anyone used the Baldor Unisaw motor?

Thanks,

David.

TeamCasa

"David Eisan" wrote in message
Afternoon All,

Time to rebuild one of my fleet of Unisaws and I am debating what motor to
put in it.

I have a 4hp Leeson (pn#120998) in one of my Uni's but this time I think I
will go with a 3hp Baldor (pn#WWLl3606).

One funny tidbit is that the 3hp Baldor weighs in at 74lbs and the 3hp
Leeson weighs in at 51lbs. Even the 4hp Leeson at 62lbs does not weigh as
much as the 3hp Baldor.

Does anyone know why one weighs so much more than the other?

Any general comments about Baldor vs. Leeson?

Has anyone used the Baldor Unisaw motor?

Thanks,

David.

David, I have used both in commercial applications. Both are fine however,
the Baldor is more reliable. I have replaced three Leesons for any one
Baldor.

I think the new Leesons are made in Singapore.

As for the weight, do they both have only one capicitor and are they both
TEFC?

Dave

B a r r y

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:42:22 -0800, "TeamCasa"
wrote:

David, I have used both in commercial applications. Both are fine however,
the Baldor is more reliable. I have replaced three Leesons for any one
Baldor.

I've never heard of Leeson, but I have Baldor motors in my spa. They
get far more time on them than many power tools and have been
incredibly reliable.

Barry
Edwin Pawlowski

"David Eisan" wrote in message

One funny tidbit is that the 3hp Baldor weighs in at 74lbs and the 3hp
Leeson weighs in at 51lbs. Even the 4hp Leeson at 62lbs does not weigh as
much as the 3hp Baldor.

Does anyone know why one weighs so much more than the other?

Any general comments about Baldor vs. Leeson?

Has anyone used the Baldor Unisaw motor?

We have both at work, All of the new motors are lighter and less reliable
than the old motors. The new ones are more energy efficient though. I'd
give Baldor a slight edge in reliability.

Mass Electric gave us a bunch of money to replace all our old inefficient
motors. When the new ones burned up, we'd slip the old ones back in until
the new more efficient motor is repaired. These are in the 15 HP to 75 HP
range. The old ones have been running for about 20 years, the new ones
started to die in one year. The new ones have lighter housing and probably
lighter winding, but I'm not a motor expert.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Silvan

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

the new more efficient motor is repaired. These are in the 15 HP to 75 HP
range. The old ones have been running for about 20 years, the new ones

Can I get me one o' them 75 HP motors for my Crapsman contractor's saw?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Edwin Pawlowski

"Silvan" wrote in message news:7jefj1-

Can I get me one o' them 75 HP motors for my Crapsman contractor's saw?

--

We have one that is not being used right now. You'll have to get one of
them heavy duty extension cords from the guy selling them on eBay.

Silvan

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Can I get me one o' them 75 HP motors for my Crapsman contractor's saw?

We have one that is not being used right now. You'll have to get one of
them heavy duty extension cords from the guy selling them on eBay.

What's your snail mail address so I can send you a bill for having my
monitor cleaned?