Posted to rec.woodworking
r49miner

Default the woodworkers choice

Does anyone know what happened to the woodworkers choice? The 800 number no
longer works and they are not listed as venders at any of the wood shows. I
did find this on the web but don't know if this is the real skinny or not.

"Today, I was trying to call TWC to order a door panel jig, but the 800
number was busy. Then I called 411 to find out what's going on... well 411
could not locate them either. So a friend of mine came to my shop, I told
him that I can't get hold of TWC, he said that the owner of the TWC had
cancer and maybe he has died... Well, it's too bad now, I wish they did not
have to close the store."

TIA

The Miner

Posted to rec.woodworking

r49miner wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the woodworkers choice? The 800 number no
longer works and they are not listed as venders at any of the wood shows. I
did find this on the web but don't know if this is the real skinny or not.

"Today, I was trying to call TWC to order a door panel jig, but the 800
number was busy. Then I called 411 to find out what's going on... well 411
could not locate them either. So a friend of mine came to my shop, I told
him that I can't get hold of TWC, he said that the owner of the TWC had
cancer and maybe he has died... Well, it's too bad now, I wish they did not
have to close the store."

TIA

The Miner

Their parent company decided to close down operations a few months ago.
Posted to rec.woodworking
r49miner

Thanks,

I will miss them......

"__ Bob __" wrote in message
r49miner wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the woodworkers choice? The 800 number
no longer works and they are not listed as venders at any of the wood
shows. I did find this on the web but don't know if this is the real
skinny or not.

"Today, I was trying to call TWC to order a door panel jig, but the 800
number was busy. Then I called 411 to find out what's going on... well
411 could not locate them either. So a friend of mine came to my shop, I
told him that I can't get hold of TWC, he said that the owner of the TWC
had cancer and maybe he has died... Well, it's too bad now, I wish they
did not have to close the store."

TIA

The Miner

Their parent company decided to close down operations a few months ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Glen

At the Baltimore Woodworking show someone said the owner died and there
was no one to take over the business so they just closed it down.