Posted to rec.woodworking
rich

Default Invisible paint

I am currently spraying the walls in my shop with a pearl white latex paint . The second coat is impossible to see while spraying, I have tried additional lighting from the top, back, side , and still feel like I am spraying with invisible paint . The only time I can see what kind of a job I did is when I stand way back from the wall and view it from an angle .
Any ideas how I can see the paint going on while I spray ? Thanks !
Posted to rec.woodworking

Can't you put a light at an angle to your work and see the shine of the
wet paint on the wall?

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
FriscoSoxFan

Mix in a tiny amount of tide or woolite. Buy a blacklight. Marijuana is
optional.

Posted to rec.woodworking
John B

rich wrote:
I am currently spraying the walls in my shop with a pearl white latex
paint . The second coat is impossible to see while spraying, I have
tried additional lighting from the top, back, side , and still feel like
I am spraying with invisible paint . The only time I can see what kind
of a job I did is when I stand way back from the wall and view it from
an angle .
Any ideas how I can see the paint going on while I spray ? Thanks !

The missus reckons I should spray my shed with that stuff, (Invisible
Paint). She has no taste and says it's an eyesore.
John

My only objection is that I wouldn't be able to find the door

Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS

Hi Rich,
Most stores around here sell a ceiling paint designed to deal with
that problem. It has a blue tinge but dries white. But then again, if
you already have the paint... .

rich wrote:

I am currently spraying the walls in my shop with a pearl white latex
paint . The second coat is impossible to see while spraying, I have
tried additional lighting from the top, back, side , and still feel
like I am spraying with invisible paint . The only time I can see what
kind of a job I did is when I stand way back from the wall and view it
from an angle .
Any ideas how I can see the paint going on while I spray ? Thanks !

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

"rich" wrote in message
I am currently spraying the walls in my shop with a pearl white latex paint
.. The second coat is impossible to see while spraying, I have tried
additional lighting from the top, back, side , and still feel like I am
spraying with invisible paint . The only time I can see what kind of a job I
did is when I stand way back from the wall and view it from an angle .
Any ideas how I can see the paint going on while I spray ? Thanks !

You should be able to see the wet line going on if you're spraying it right
Rich. Stand so that you can watch your fan and see it as it goes on -
usually a bit from the leading side. Spray for an even wet pattern and
don't worry about coverage. If you stand back after you're done and
discover you need another coat - do it all again.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"J T" wrote in message
Thu, Jan 19, 2006, 5:49am (EST+5) (rich) burbeleth:
snip Any ideas how I can see the paint going on while I spray ? Thanks
!

Mix in some purple. You're welcome.

Gooden.... How about mixing in some pokadots to make it interesting.

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 05:49:37 GMT, "rich" wrote:

I am currently spraying the walls in my shop with a pearl white latex paint . The second coat is impossible to see while spraying, I have tried additional lighting from the top, back, side , and still feel like I am spraying with invisible paint . The only time I can see what kind of a job I did is when I stand way back from the wall and view it from an angle .
Any ideas how I can see the paint going on while I spray ? Thanks !

must mean that you're doing a great job on the 1st coat and have really white
walls.. no worries..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"rich" wrote in message
I am currently spraying the walls in my shop with a pearl white latex paint
.. The second coat is impossible to see while spraying, I have tried
additional lighting from the top, back, side , and still feel like I am
spraying with invisible paint . The only time I can see what kind of a job I
did is when I stand way back from the wall and view it from an angle .
Any ideas how I can see the paint going on while I spray ? Thanks !

After living in our new home for 6 years my wife decided that we should
paint the interior of the house AND ceilings. We have heavily textured 10"
high ceilings. My wife literally had to shine a spot light on the cieling
surface so that I could get a wet paint reflection so that I could see what
had been painted and what remained to be painted.

If you cannot see the difference I would say that you are finished painting.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:44:40 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Robatoy quickly quoth:

He got me too.... green tea this time. Green tea. Hand picked by 18-year
old oriental virgins...on a warm sunny day... dressed in sheer silk....

*slap*

Time to send this one in for Regrooving.

-----
= Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
noonenparticular wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message
t...

"J T" wrote in message
Thu, Jan 19, 2006, 5:49am (EST+5) (rich) burbeleth:
snip Any ideas how I can see the paint going on while I spray ? Thanks
!

Mix in some purple. You're welcome.

Gooden.... How about mixing in some pokadots to make it interesting.

Reminds me of a story from high school. Science teacher sent not-too-bright
troublemaker on an errand to the shop to pick up a can of striped paint.
Shop teacher (and every subsequent teacher) immediately realized the joke
and had troublemaker running all over the school from teacher to teacher for
the entire science period.

There is a story about this from the Army -- One morning, the Sargent sends
a recruit to go get a bucket of striped paint. Recruit goes off to the QM,
who (oddly enough!) doesn't have any. Next stop, the motor pool, where he
explains his problem to the Master Sargent, and asks to check out a jeep, to
go into town to find some. The MSgt goes along with the gag, and signs him
out a jeep.

The recruit is gone _all_day_, gets back *just* before curfew. The motor
pool sargent is still on duty -- for reasons unexplained. Unlikely as it
may seem, he took pity on the recruit, and gently explained that there was
no such thing as striped paint. "I know _that_, Sarge", the recruit replied,
but looking for it got me out of the duty work detail, _and_ I got to spend
the day in town, with a jeep!"

I've good reason to believe this is a _true_ story -- I heard it, first hand,
from one of the involved parties. The recruit in question is a relative,
Whe Fort Hood, TX. When, 1960s.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Guess who

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:45:28 GMT, "noonenparticular"
wrote:

Reminds me of a story from high school. Science teacher sent not-too-bright
troublemaker on an errand to the shop to pick up a can of striped paint.
Shop teacher (and every subsequent teacher) immediately realized the joke
and had troublemaker running all over the school from teacher to teacher for
the entire science period.

The troublemaker was not so dumb after all. He got out of science
class without a detention for skipping. Well, on the other hand he
didn't get the education he should have, so perhaps not so bright
either.

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 10:22 AM
Rust Paint and Standard Paint. ACH Metalworking 2 July 4th 05 03:48 PM
Hardinge Paint Purchase (long) [email protected] Metalworking 2 April 21st 05 07:28 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM