Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan White

Default Plans for Candy Rack

Hi all. I'm looking for some plans to make something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/e4cg5

Pardon the crude drawing. It is a wooden candy rack I'd like to build to
spec so I can fit it along a wall and stain to match. Any ideas on who
might have or can construct plans for such a thing? I figure I'll probably
have to do plan it myself, but why reinvent the wheel when someone more
skilled may already have it?

Thanks for any ideas,
dwhite

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dan - it looks like you have some kind of CAD program You should be
able to easily dimension it yourself from your own drawing.

If you are looking for one of those DIY plans that tell you how to make
the joints, what size screws to buy, and how much wood it will take,
you may need something else.

There are lots of free plans, and plenty of paid plans on the net. As
they say... DAGS.
(Do A Google Search).

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Bud

Dan White wrote:
Hi all. I'm looking for some plans to make something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/e4cg5

Pardon the crude drawing. It is a wooden candy rack I'd like to build to
spec so I can fit it along a wall and stain to match. Any ideas on who
might have or can construct plans for such a thing?

Geez, you're already 90% done. Just dimension the sides, cut a bunch
of dados, and measure the shelves to fit the dados.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan White

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan White wrote:
Hi all. I'm looking for some plans to make something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/e4cg5

Pardon the crude drawing. It is a wooden candy rack I'd like to build

spec so I can fit it along a wall and stain to match. Any ideas on who
might have or can construct plans for such a thing?

Geez, you're already 90% done. Just dimension the sides, cut a bunch
of dados, and measure the shelves to fit the dados.

OK, thanks Robert and Larry. That drawing isn't to scale as it was just
dashed off as an example. There are some considerations such as how much of
a slope to put on the sides so the customer can see and reach the product on
each shelf, how far to space shelves, etc. I probably could fiddle with the
dimensions but since my time is so limited right now I thought someone else
might already have done it. I haven't found anything like this yet, though.

dwhite

Posted to rec.woodworking
Hedley

I've found Visio to be a nice sketching program. I bought an "Enterprise
Version" on e-bay for about 20$ that must have been made for the dot-com
orgy. It has all kinds of programming and flow-charting stencils, but I use
nothing but lines, arcs, and rectangles for designing furniture, so there
was no need to buy the 400$ (?) version I use at work to sketch out process
flow diagrams.

I'd like something I could do 3-D designs with to take some of the spatial
mental coordination out of it, but I haven't found anything affordable.

"Dan White" wrote in message

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
oups.com...